1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

downloadible repair manual

Discussion in 'XJ Technical Chat' started by rudedogxj550, Sep 7, 2010.

1. rudedogxj550

rudedogxj550 New Member

Hey guys its Rudedog form the dirty south.

Does anyone out there know a site where I can dl a repair manual for my 82 xj550?

2. Cmccully04

Cmccully04 Member

sorry man go purchase one like everyone else. a dowloadable one would be a copyright violation.

3. andrewlong

andrewlong Member

^

Welcome to the forums.

There's a used Clymer version on Amazon right now for $20, I think new they're $35 or so? Yea unfortunately downloading em is frowned upon, and for good reason too.

Where in the dirty south are ya man?

4. kornele

kornele New Member

F - them they got there money when the bike was purchased by the dealer from the factory, IMO they owe us all manual's how ever I found a place where you can get the crappy Haynes manual
    http://www.torrentreactor.net/torrents/ ... J750-Fours

and here is one that only cost 8.99 USD

http://www.tradebit.com/filedetail.php/ ... e-workshop

however it would be nice if somebody would just posted one on an sticky for every body to use

5. rudedogxj550

rudedogxj550 New Member

Louisville ky

6. bigfitz52

bigfitz52 Well-Known Member Premium Member

There's an XJ550 factory book on eBay right now for $9.99 but I don't know if it has the Maxim supplement; there are also a couple of "retail" bound factory books up that WOULD include the Max supplement for slightly more. You didn't say which XJ550.

Nobody is going to help you violate copyright law for one basic reason: Most of us spent some $$$ on our factory books, or our aftermarket ones for that matter.

Look on the bright side: The factory book for my CAR was $108.00.

7. snowwy66

snowwy66 Member

the torrentreactor one if you noticed is for 650 and 750 only. it's the one i have.

8. RickCoMatic

RickCoMatic Well-Known Member

If it ever comes to pass, that the contents of the XJCD Set is presented to a Judge as evidence against those to whom Members of this site have sent money to acquire a Copy of the aforementioned Compact Disc Set, ...

Somebody is going to be found GUILTY of NUMEROUS VIOLATIONS of a Federal Class "A" Felony.

Multiple Counts of Violating a Publishers Copyright.
    Not just for a single complete Manual for which the penalty is a $5,000 Fine for each infraction.
    But, for the more serious Criminal Enterprise for Profit Violation which treats
    each violation of Multiple Infringement over Five Publications as a separate count of the Indictment.

Requiring penalty reimbursement to the Publisher, a huge fine and a long time in stir.

9. vulcan750

vulcan750 New Member

If someone wants to email me a copy i'll put it up on my server so people can have access to the materials for "educational" purposes only.

djdaedulus at gmail dot com

10. Metal_Bob

Metal_Bob Active Member

if that desperate, 20 min on google you will find it and not possibly KILL this forum with legal problems...

and people with less than 6 posts should not be trying to condone/post/suggest illegal stuff on this forum :twisted:

11. schmuckaholic

schmuckaholic Well-Known Member

<SLAP>

Okay, the gloves just came off.

You're just not going to leave it alone, are you, Rick? You're not going to be satisfied until someone gets dragged into court and/or jailed. What is it with you? Didn't SnoSheriff discuss this with you YET AGAIN?

You've got moderator powers, yet it doesn't seem like that's enough for you. You don't just want people to respect and look up to you -- you want people to FEAR you. You're the angry nun whacking the kids across their knuckles with a ruler, telling them they'll go to hell unless they do what YOU tell them to.

The last time you did this, I took a week off from the site because I didn't feel like putting up with your bullshit. I can do it again.

I'll be sending another complaint to Sno as soon as I finish typing this in, then I'm out of here. Somebody call me when Rick's been booted off the site, k?

12. RickCoMatic

Taking any measure to contribute to an illegal activity is "Complicity".

The state of being involved with others in an illegal activity or wrongdoing.

IF anything, my contributions and editorializing about matters involving Copyright Infringement will be viewed as the site's Official Position of not condoning the activity of those who engage in piracy.

Sept. 7th 2010
    RE Massey

13. KrS14

KrS14 Active Member

I'm confused, I agree with Rick. I've always wondered how the XJCD thing hadn't been shutdown yet.

It is a copyright infringement.

No matter how you look at it.

Or am i missing something?

14. kornele

kornele New Member

so OK now I have 6 post R U happy. oh BTW this site has the "COMPLETE Service Manual for Yamaha XJ750 XJ750K XJ 750 MOTORCYCLE. This is the same manual your YAMAHA Motorcycle shop uses to repair and diagnose your bike!!!" or so they say and it is only 8.99 and it is down loadable.so here is that link again http://www.tradebit.com/filedetail.php/ ... e-workshop

PS., IMO all manuals and TSB's (tech service bulletins ) need be provided by the factory's for free. we paid for the vehicles and there hording of information denies us of the right to know what it is we bought. as well as problems that we are going to face in the future. However in respect to owners of this forum I will refrain from posting links to sites where you can get real info for free

15. Zyggy

Zyggy Member

Umm, I'm really not trying to stick my head out there where it might get chopped off, but, Rick is doing his job as a Moderator, making sure no one does something stupid enough to get themselves or the site in SERIOUS trouble.

With that said, there are ways to get your manual for free, as I did, with a little leg work on your part. That's the great thing about this thing we call the World Wide Web.

As for schmucaholic, get over yourself.

16. mdee

mdee Member

If new vehicle owners did in fact pay for documentation when they purchased the vehicle, the documentation would have been delivered with the vehicle.
    Most vehicle owners have no use for such a technical documentation and do not expect it as standard equipment. All new vehicle purchasers should not be forced to pay for something (technical documentation as standard equipment) that only a few use.

There are many aftermarket service manuals that would certainly not be a purchase right to the new vehicle owner.

Distributing of and obtaining via illegal means copyright material is theft. You would not want others taking your labor for free. Saints are rare. We have all likely at some point taken something we should have paid for. But an elitist attitude of deserving while you are if fact stealing, is to be naive.

17. vulcan750

vulcan750 New Member

For all intents and purposes copyright laws do not apply to educational studies. hence the library in your local city might be charged with public display of copyrighted materials. :evil:

18. mdee

mdee Member

I like libraries. They are a great source of education using legitimately obtained works.
    Copyright protects works from illegal copying. Can you see how they made it easy by making ‘copy’ part of the term copyright? That’s all it takes for most people to understand.

19. RickCoMatic

"Because we have the technology", ... does not give you license.

20. Vedalkin

Vedalkin Member

In theory, by our minds making a mental copy of licensed material, and then in turn sharing that information verbatim, are we not "in essence" performing an act of infringement?

If you read a book, and tell a friend the plot and outcome of that book, have you not basically prevented another sale of that book due to your ability to reveal the outcome?

In turn, if you have knowledge of material that has a copywrite, yet verbally pass that information along, have you committed a crime?

Where is the line drawn? If you supply information whether verbally, or printed, that has been obtained via material the has a copywrite, as long as it is not done in order to make a profit, have you broken the law?

Is the small fraction of people actually attempting to obtain this material on a bike that is 25+ years old going to shut down Yamaha's manufacturing plants? Or rather spawn new interest of the company itself, possibly furthering interest and sales due to the ability to acquire information to properly repair/maintain this machine?

It's a good thing the Bible doesn't have a copy write, or there would be a bunch of priests in prison...