1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

Dry and wet-set Fuel levels

Discussion in 'XJ DIY How-To Videos' started by turpentyne, Feb 1, 2019.

1. turpentyne

turpentyne Active Member

Well, since the bike seems to be workin'... I guess I somehow managed to get this mostly right!

So, I'll share the video of what I did. Aside from my basic knowledge... I'm really just parroting all the awesome info on this forum into another format. Polly want a carb? Ok, terrible joke.

I think I'm starting to run out of things to make videos on, though! I might need... another bike. :)

chacal likes this.
  2. chacal

chacal Moderator Moderator Supporting Vendor Premium Member

And another great episode of TurpentyneTV! Great job (again) young man.

3. xHondaHack

xHondaHack Active Member Premium Member

Awesome video with lots of details!

Tony

4. Polock

Polock Well-Known Member

nice video turpentyne but let me save you a few steps. dry set one and eyeball the rest, close is good enough you're going to change them anyway.
    put the bowls back on just snug
    when you wet check do all four, then leave the rack on the stand and take all the bowls off at once from underneath. i leave the gas in the bowls and dump it in a clean glass jar to look for junk that might have rinsed out. flip the rack and adjust all four
    being slightly off the +/- 3mm, like 1/2mm, can be compensated for with the idle mixture screw.
    i see a camera shadow, what are you using?

5. turpentyne

turpentyne Active Member

Actually, that's the first way I did it - taking the bowls off while it was on the rack. But I figured it was a bad suggestion because the float needle could fall out and be lost to the gods if one weren't paying attention. I'm clumsy and a little A.D.D. (The real reason I make these videos - for myself to remember how I did it later. hah!)

I like the clear glass jar idea!

I'm just using an iphone. Nothin' fancy. :)

6. MaximusXJ650

MaximusXJ650 Member

Another great video! Making me question whether I should tackle carbs myself or pay £100 plus parts for a pro to clean and rebuild...

7. Chitwood

Chitwood Well-Known Member

If you do it yourself you will know exactly what you have, where everything is set, etc