1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

Dynatech Coils

Discussion in 'XJ Modifications' started by 650XJ1980, Mar 12, 2014.

1. 650XJ1980

650XJ1980 New Member

Hey i was wondering if anyone here had upgraded their factory ignition coils to the Green Dynatech coils. i bought a pair a couple weeks back but just tried installing them today and realized that my gas tank would not fit past them. If you have installed them on yours id love to hear how you modified your bike, or how you mounted them to get it all to fit. I was told at the bike shop i got them that they fit right on. but i guess thats not true. so please let me know how i can try to make these work!

2. chacal

chacal Moderator Moderator Supporting Vendor Premium Member

HCP2882 Aftermarket Dyna Coils MOUNTING KIT. This complete set of adapter brackets allows you to easily mount the HCP245 Dyna coils into the stock coil mounting forward tube and rear bracket that are welded to your frame. Without this kit, you'll spend a good 4-8 hours (at least) and a few very frustrating trips back-and-forth to the local hardware store to cobble together and fabricate the special brackets and hardware needed to shoe-horn these large Dyna coils into the tight, cramped confines of the frame. For use on all XJ650, all XJ750 air-cooled engines, and XJ900RK, RL, N/FN, and F models (not yet verified on XJ1100's yet). Complete set includes 4 adapter brackets and coil-to-bracket hardware. You can re-use your original coil-to-frame hardware, or purchase new replacement hardware below, if desired. The installation procedures for Dyna coils can be reviewed at:

http://www.xj4ever.com/dyna%20coils%20install.pdf

NOTE: the installation of the Dyna coils requires the removal, on most models, of the flasher relay holder bracket that is tack-welded to the lower right side frame tube and which intrudes into the coil mounting area. The Dyna coils will not clear this bracket, and it must be cut away and ground off flush to the frame tube. A "universal" re-locator bracket is included with this kit which allows the re-positioning of that relay to an area where it fits properly.
    $ 39.95