1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

eBay rant

Discussion in 'Hangout Lounge' started by markie, Jul 25, 2015.

1. markie

markie Member

I've been away for a while after selling my xj600 (which I tried to buy back twice). Recently I've been scouring the net for another and found one fairly local to me on fleabay. The owner told me I could ride it home but it went for more than it was really worth. Tough luck for me but wouldn't you know, it's back up for sale, but, in the space of a week, it's become a non runner & the new seller doesn't know what's wrong with it. It's a trader too! Perhaps I've had a lucky escape? Somebody was fibbing.
    Found another on gumtree but in the time it took me to email the seller, he sold it for £150. The very next day, the "new" owner has it up for £295! He "needs the space". Hope you guys over the pond have better luck?!

2. k-moe

k-moe Pie, Bacon, Bourbon. Moderator Premium Member

That is how buying and selling works for some people. Buy cheap, flip it within the week at a profit. It's been happening long before online auction sites were invented.

3. markie

markie Member

i agree - but the funny thing is, the 'bay bike had an "mot" (annual safety certificate) and was roadworthy but a week later, there is no mot and the trader "hasn't tried to start it" (even though the mileage has gone up 100)!!!

Cant help feel sorry for the other guy though!

4. Beekman

Beekman XJ Grasshopper

I had a chance at a nice 750 maxim with full X1 fairing, luggage boxes, upgraded rear suspension, super clean, etc... guy wanted $500 for it. I got a hold of him the day it went up, someone beat me to it and I was pretty bummed. A month later it gets reposted for sale for $1500. The ad implied that he owned it for years and did all the custom work himself (lies). Really annoyed me because I wouldve actually used it as a rider instead of just reselling to try make a quick buck.

Last time i checked it was still for sale months after it was reposted so jokes on him I guess.