1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

Eureka!!!

Discussion in 'XJ Technical Chat' started by 750E-II_29Rbloke, Mar 13, 2014.

1. 750E-II_29Rbloke

750E-II_29Rbloke Active Member

Been a while since I logged in here but thought I'd share this in case it's any use to anyone else in future... Some of you may remember that I had to rebuild the E-II on a 900 Seca frame due to the damage to the original, which included an ovalised/stretched lower head bearing seat.

Well I've been sort-of following a Norton Commando rebuild in a magazine and that had the same problem with it's frame, and from his research it would seem Loctite have a compound suitable to repair this! So Loctite 638 is the "stuff" for the job, as recommended by Loctite themselves & Classic Bike magazine 8) Boy am I glad I kept the old frame & didn't chop it up for the tubing! Might be a while before I actually get round to trying the stuff but I'll get back with my own results as & when I know how it turns out.

Safe riding everyone & don't throw anything away, it might come in useful one day haha

2. adrian1

adrian1 Active Member

We've missed you!

3. quebecois59

quebecois59 Well-Known Member

Hey Bloke!

Good to see you back!