1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

Exhaust Options for the 1983 XJ650 Maxim in 2024

Discussion in 'XJ Modifications' started by James Dean Bradley, Apr 6, 2024.

1. James Dean Bradley

James Dean Bradley New Member

Hey all,
    I've been running into some trouble for a while regarding my 1983 XJ650 Maxim and I'm at a complete loss. I have been searching for almost a year for aftermarket exhausts in the United States for this specific model and year, but I have come up completely short. I read through some old forum posts and saw that MAC went under a few years ago due to a mission regulations, and I can't help but wonder if that was the same fate for all the other aftermarket exhaust providers. The only solution I have come up with so far is to design my own four into one header and have a fabrication shop make it for me. I've already spoken to several shops in my area about this issue, and the average going price is $1,500. Any help or advice would be much appreciated!

2. Dan Gardner

Dan Gardner Well-Known Member Premium Member

3. Minimutly

Minimutly Well-Known Member

You could look around for a used 4 into 1? I'm sure somewhere on Earth there must be some for sale?

4. Melnic

Melnic Active Member

What is your budget and how much of the exhaust are you looking to swap out?
    I have seen people cut the pipes after the cross over and throw on cheap generic $50 slip ons to each side.