1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

Flasher Wiring Diagram without Cancelling Unit

Discussion in 'XJ Technical Chat' started by Lou627, May 11, 2009.

1. Lou627

Lou627 Member

Ive been working out a minimum wiring diagram for my chopper but want to include signals for legal reasons (ok, and saftey). The standard harness has alot of interconnecting of the between the horn, gauge lights, etc. with the flashers so I made this up and wanted some electrical gurus to give it a going over before I rig it up. Thanks, Lou

[​IMG]

2. SQLGuy

SQLGuy Well-Known Member

If you're removing the cancelling unit then you can switch to a 2-pin flasher and connect it between Brown and Brown/White. Leaving the Green/Yellow unused.

Or you can just remove the Green/Yellow from the stock flasher and leave everything else in place. The G/Y wire to the stock flasher actually acts to DISABLE it when 12V is applied, and enables it when that pin is left floating. So, by disconnecting that pin, the flasher will always flash when the handlebar switch is pushed to one side, and stay flashing until the handlebar switch is pushed in.

3. Robert

Robert Active Member

+1^^ SQLGuy, I'll agree.

4. Lou627

Lou627 Member

good stuff thanks!

5. mestnii

mestnii Member

What if I want to remove the handlebar switch and replace it with a DPCO switch (on/off/on), is this possible?

I assume I would need a 6 pin switch.

Anyone done this? Any place I can look up a diagram for wiring it this way?

6. Lou627

Lou627 Member

I recently installed a handle bar control from another bike and it had a simpler config than the maxims. It had one power in, and then the power out for just the left and the right signals, and grounded via the lights themselves. I would image you could use a 3 pin on/off/on switch with the power in from the br/w from the flasher.

7. mestnii

mestnii Member

And I could keep the stock flasher unit?