1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

Found me a 900 Z1

Discussion in 'Other Motorcycles' started by texasfisherdude, Apr 17, 2009.

1. texasfisherdude

texasfisherdude Member

Found me a Z1 for 200 bucks and the wife isnt gong to be happy but that sucker is coming home with me. I had one in the early 80's and have been wanting one ever since but there to dang proud of them. I know this isnt the site to say this but the XJ is now for sale.

2. dwcopple

dwcopple Active Member

if it's an XJ for sale. than this IS the site to say it!

3. texasfisherdude

texasfisherdude Member

Well this deal fell through the seller said he would call me when he got off work and I was going to get it . When he didnt call I called him and he had 3 people coming at the same time. So much for integrity. I hope he has 3 pissed off guys in his front yard.

4. whaler

whaler New Member

Sounds like the owner started questioning his sale price with all the interest in the bike. Depending on year and general condition, a true Z1 900, pre LTD version will fetch good money. Would love to find one myself, but are getting hard to find.

My neighbor had a first year Kawasaki H2 750 triple. He had bought it new in 73 or 74, was in perfect original condition, but had not run in years. I had asked him to give me a price and I would take it off his hands, but he would never commit to a price...so i offered him $ 1000.00 for it (a steal), and he said it was not enough. A year later I get home from being out of town on business late Friday night, and at like 4:30 AM I hear a truck and talking outside, get up to investigate...someone is loading the bike into a trailer. Later that day I get a chance to talk to him and he explains that since they were going to move, it would be a good idea to liquefy all the things setting in his garage. soooooo while I was gone, he put it into the paper (just Saturday and Sunday) for....$ 1000.00, thought he would get a chance to talk to me Saturday and give me another chance at my original offer, little did he know he would have multiple people waiting in line at his house to take this thing home (4:30 AM). I still don't think he knew what he had.

I still feel sick when I think about that bike!