1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

front end swap

Discussion in 'XJ Technical Chat' started by snypr, Jan 7, 2006.

1. snypr

snypr New Member

What front ends from other bikes can bolt straight onto a XJ650?

l have a 650 Turbo and am having great difficulty finding replacement parts.

2. MacMcMacmac

MacMcMacmac Member

An FZ600 front end will slide right into the existing yokes. Most 650 Turbo owners put in a set of Progressive Suspension springs which pretty much sorts it out. Then, you only have the crap brakes to deal with. I am debating whether or not to put money into mine, as any number of newer bikes will leave it eating dust. It's your call though.

3. Edmond_Dantes

Edmond_Dantes New Member

i bought mine with the front end off a 1983 yamaha 800 something or other. i've got it written down somewhere. gave me hell when i went to get brake pads the first time.

4. singingotter

singingotter Member

I replaced my 1981 XJ650H front end with a 1982 XJ750 to get the dual disc brakes. Bonus was I also got the adjustable air suspension! :D

5. singingotter

singingotter Member

I replaced my 1981 XJ650H front end with a 1982 XJ750 to get the dual disc brakes. Bonus was I also got the adjustable air suspension! :D