1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

front tire installation

Discussion in 'XJ Technical Chat' started by taustreng, Aug 3, 2012.

1. taustreng

taustreng New Member

I'm sure I'm missing something simple but I'm not sure what. I took the tire off my 82 seca 750 and now when I'm putting it back together I can't get the spacer that goes between the fork and the wheel seal to go into the fork. Does it go into the fork or do I have this whole thing jammed up.

2. mlew

mlew Well-Known Member

It should slide in place easily before the axle it put in place. Since it does not you could have a bent fork tube. Loosen the pinch bolts for the fork and rotate the fork tube, if the spacing changes then it is bent.

3. taustreng

taustreng New Member

It slides into the wheel seal really easy but I'm having a hard time getting it into the fork side. Thanks for the idea Ill have to try it and see where it goes from there. Ill try and get some pictures on here if I cant get it.

4. taustreng

taustreng New Member

The issue was me. I took a second to take a better look at every thing and saw that i just wasn't going at it right. Thank you for the reply!