1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

Funny Story (maybe you had to be there)

Discussion in 'Hangout Lounge' started by Bleaches, May 16, 2012.

1. Bleaches

Bleaches Member

Hi all,
    Something interesting happened to me for the first time while riding home last night ...
    It was around 9pm in the city and it just so happened that I arrived at the red light first before any other traffic. While waiting for my advanced light so I could make my left, the crossing traffic light turned red, but 2 GSX's and 3 Harley's had to stop for the light (they were in a group together). I received my advance light and proceeded to make my left ... I looked over to wave while riding past them, and all five of the other bikers stood up and were saluting me (military style) with big smiles, god did I laugh out loud, enough I missed my second gear ! anyone thinking they were making fun of me ? lol.

Mike ~
    82' Maxim.

2. ryancdossey

ryancdossey Member

That sounds hilarious. Definitely made me smile. I waived one time to a group of probably 20-30 Harley riders. Was cool to have THAT many people waive back for just me!

3. FJ111200

FJ111200 Active Member

Talking of waving to other bike riders, years ago when i first moved down to London from up North as a novice despatch rider, my first time riding in the big Smoke and there i am waving and nodding at every biker that i see, five minutes later i'm thinkiong to myself "ignorant bastards, why aren't they waving back", and another five minutes later i'm thinking "fook this waving for a lark", 'cos there was that many despatch riders knocking about it became a hazard to wave.

4. maverickbr77

maverickbr77 Member

I doubt they making fun of you more likely it is something they do for a laugh when they get the chance.
    I have noticed that different places seem to put a different importance on the biker wave. Around home in NY it is practically law that unless you have a very good reason not to you wave. Here in Northers NH a lot of people don't wave which is kind of disappointing.

5. Bleaches

Bleaches Member

Funny as hell, I did have a guy wave at me while I was stopped with the clutch in, stalled ... lol !

6. 66Elco

66Elco New Member

Hard to say what they were thinking, here in Iowa most everybody waves at each other no matter what they ride, unless its an old guy on a scooter thats just funny