1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

FUSE BLOCK? Maybe?

Discussion in 'XJ Technical Chat' started by HoneyBear, Sep 13, 2010.

1. HoneyBear

HoneyBear New Member

ok I was riding the other day and at a stop light the bike just stopped! After trying to start it up again I have no power to anything. I looked at the fuses and they all looked ok. Battery test good and I am getting power on the 30 amp fuse in the fuse block but nothing else. Is this a bad fuse block or could it be a problem that is much deeper.

2. mdee

mdee Member

Could be as deep as the kill switch on the handle bar. Flip it and see what happens. Although the kill switch would not kill all power.

All electrical power goes thru the 30amp main fuse.
    Are you getting 12 volts both sides of the 30amp fuse? Not likely.
    Glass fuse? Glass fuses are notoriously finicky. They can look good and still be bad. They corrode on the inside of end cap where you cannot see. Try a new fuse.

3. HoneyBear

HoneyBear New Member

Thanks for the quick response. i know for sure it is not the kill switch on the handlebars 100%. None of the lights come one when the key is turned; not the neutral light when in neutral or even the horn. I tested on the one side of the fuse block and I torn it apart and replacing it thinking that is most likely the issue. Also most got the new one back in so we will see.

4. markie

markie Member

Check you have voltage on the brown wires with the ignition switch on - it could be the ignition switch or the connectors to it.

5. HoneyBear

HoneyBear New Member

Nope It was the old Fuse box. Replaced it and the old girl started right up. Thanks for the input though gentlemen.