1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

GOOD NEW'S, CARBON FIBER PARTS!

Discussion in 'XJ Modifications' started by 700bobber, Aug 2, 2010.

1. 700bobber

700bobber Member

Hey guy's, I have a little brother that's a pro with fiberglass and carbon fiber. Well he's is willing to make a carbon fiber gas tank and other parts but I need a extra tank, anything that fits a 700 maxim. I need a tank that is banged up, rusty or just useless, I basically only need the bottom of the tank. If you live by, near, or any where in San Diego, let me know and I'll pick it up from you or just let me know where in the u.s. you're at to handle the shipping. I going with the same black as the tank on the whole bike but there's also some other new material I'm going to look at later...we'll see how it turns out but I need that extra tank!

Attached Files:

2. bhikku

bhikku Member

Re: Carbon fiber bike

tell him to start producing carbon fiber battery covers!

3. junkmn

junkmn Member

Oh yeah, both side covers. I'd buy some of those for sure.

4. 700bobber

700bobber Member

I just spoke with him and he'll make them for you guy's but he'll need your side covers, do you guy's have some spare ones? He's sending me pictures of the carbon fiber colors he got...I'll post them later. For my bike I'm going to start with the side covers, front and rear fender on mine...maybe a headlight cover too?

5. ImmPoser

ImmPoser Member

Re: Carbon fiber maxim (I NEED A TANK!)

Oh yes please.... anyone have 550 side covers they could send this guy. I don't even have a right side cover and these would be hella sexy.

6. jeffdodge

jeffdodge Member

If he could make a carbon fiber tank for the xj650 I would probably pony up the dough for one. Full CF would be sweet.

7. 700bobber

700bobber Member

Hey Jeffdodge, no more than $200 will get you a tank any shape you want! The only problem is you need to send a extra tank to work with and you don't pay for it until it's done. And for the side covers, I know some fit from other bikes so please helps us out. I not starting on it till I get a tank BUT there's a carbon fiber airbox in the making right now, if someone hooks me up I'll hook you up!

8. schooter

schooter Active Member

Re: MAKING A CARBON FIBER AIRBOX(I STILL NEED A TANK!)

if your bro wanted to make a few grand, have him but right and left side covers from many of the popular vintage bikes, and make CF ones, booko bucks

9. bhikku

bhikku Member

yeah i'm not really into the 'carbon fiber everything' but i don't think anyone could pass up CF covers. :]

10. 700bobber

700bobber Member

Re: CARBON FIBER PARTS

Good news! We going to start making carbon fiber parts for motorcycles. The bad news is that we're only waiting on a fresh $1800 dollar roll!! I can't get that off my mind but we gotta start some where, right? I'm also in the process of getting a tank from member Polock to start with and take it from there. We can't wait to get this going and help you guy's get what you need! I'll let you know as soon as we have our first tank finished and we'll take from there...thanks!

11. yamasarus

yamasarus Member

If a bike needs a carbon fiber tank, It would be the XJ900 Seca!

12. 700bobber

700bobber Member

I don't know about that, I been looking around to get some ideas and I found this sportster with everything carbon fiber, the list of parts are Wheels, Fenders, Gas Tank, Air Cleaner, Points Cover, Belt Guards, Muffler,Side-Panels and Belt Piece. The wheels might be a bit much but I can't wait to get started on mine!

Attached Files:

13. bhikku

bhikku Member

hell, i'd ride that sporster i'm not gonna lie. lol

14. pauluminous

pauluminous Member

+1

Opinions are .... (u know), but that sportster is FUGLYYYYYYYYYY!

15. thorin

thorin Member

there are tons of us that need right side battery covers. my '82 xj750 would be awesome with carbon covers. the only problem is those of us that need 'em don't have 'em to send you one to model.
    i hope someone out there with both sides would be kind enough to send you their set to help all of us.
    thanks for what you're doing.

16. k.joel.porter

k.joel.porter Member

I have both xj550 side covers in good shape that I am not currently using. I'd be willing to donate them to you and your brother to make molds for your fiberglass or carbon fiber products. PM me.

17. Platkeyboy

Platkeyboy Member

FYI, that's not a Sportster, it's Exile Cycles "RX-Streetfighter," which has a 120in, 130 horsepower Jim's Twin Cam big twin in a one-off frame. This thing makes a Sportster look like a Honda Dream...no offense.
    Exile RX-STREETFIGHTER
    But yes, as far as this conversation in concerned, the carbon fiber parts look niiiice.

18. 700bobber

700bobber Member

Thanks for giving correcting me, what caught my eye was the nice $65,000 price that threw me off, I didn't even want to see who made it after that..LOL! I just saved the picture and listed the parts they made, the parts do give it justice but damm! $65,000 dollars!!! Imagine the true classic bike's you can by with this cash. Well back to the parts for the XJ's, but first a little intro of my little bro. He's 22 and has been making and designing surfboards since he graduated from high school. He' also has a love for classic cars and bikes so he's knows what he's getting into and is very happy to help get these parts in the making. He'll be making them with pride and you won't be charging a pretty penny, we just want to get the word out and start with two or three gas tank's in different shape's and take it from there. Money is tight but I'll do my best to find the side covers for most of the XJ's but at the same time we don't want them sitting on the table so we're making them special order only for now but if you have the one's for bhikku, junkmn, ImmPoser, thorin let me know so that we can help these guy's! Thank's and SAFE RIDING!

19. bhikku

bhikku Member

65K!?!?!
    you could buy 5 and a half new victory bikes for that price!
    maybe it comes with the brunette or something.

20. mhajicek

mhajicek New Member

Hmm, I've got both side covers but don't want to do without them. I guess I'd be willing to send them in if someone will pay for carbon replacements. '81 Seca 650. Someone should do a compatibility table for side covers.

-Matt