1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

got spark! need blinkers and lights. L.E.D. style

Discussion in 'XJ Modifications' started by bossnoss77, Sep 12, 2009.

1. bossnoss77

bossnoss77 Member

ok igot the minimum wiring down now i need to get the blinkers to blink.
    i have no original parts so this is complete custom wiring.
    seca 2 1992 controls, acewell gauge and thats it.
    led blinks, led stop and tail, streetfighter dominator dual heads,
    thanks again

2. xulf13

xulf13 Member

Replace your stock flasher with an electronic flasher. It's under your tank, the square one. the electronic flasher is around $12 at a local auto parts store. The lack of voltage pull from the leds or anything non stock disables the stock flasher, therefore you need the electronic one. it's just newer and more updated.

That's what I did.

3. switch263

switch263 Member

Xulf: thats not a surefire fix as my LED signals didnt pull enough current to even blink a $40 LED-specific flasher.

I went with a $4 flasher from tractor supply co and a couple resistors, problem solved.

4. assassinx1

assassinx1 Member

i wired light bulbs in and hid them under my seat so i have three sets of blinkers on my bbike with one set hiddent, this way there is enough of a load to trip the flasher its a quick fix and works , and very cheap if you cant get a flasher, i couldnt get one at the time so thats what i did

5. gk45241

gk45241 New Member

what size resisters did you get? what should I ask for at tractor supply? Brand. use etc??

Gary

6. switch263

switch263 Member

I'd have to go un-hide and un-bundle my resistors, but i seem to remember they were a hair over 1k ohm each, one per side, big ceramic buggers.

7. switch263

switch263 Member

I'd have to go un-hide and un-bundle my resistors, but i seem to remember they were a hair over 1k ohm each, one per side, big ceramic buggers.

Like assassin said above, the resistors act like a third light on each circuit, but generate less heat than having a bulb hidden somewhere would. Plus just knowing that a light was blinking under my seat or something would drive me insane.

8. assassinx1

assassinx1 Member

i hid the bulbs good you cant see them plus as far as heat, they only blink for 30 seconds or so they never get hot realy

9. bossnoss77

bossnoss77 Member

i ended up getting a sweet electronic flasher off ebay for like fifteen bucks and they have worked perfect ever since. you need to make sure the flasher is an electronic and the voltage draw rating is .01 amps or .1 amps. i need no resistors or hidden bulbs. i also bypassed and removed the self canceling stuff. it is way cool but i was trying to dump as much wiring as possible. i pretty much made my own harness out of the old one. i also changed my controls for newer seca 2 ones

10. Lou627

Lou627 Member

11. Seca7Fitty

Seca7Fitty New Member

thats looks to good to be true...i`ll check in to it

12. Lou627

Lou627 Member

oh its true. I have one.