1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

Great news!!!!

Discussion in 'XJ Technical Chat' started by SuperSparr, May 23, 2012.

1. SuperSparr

SuperSparr New Member

After another 7 hours of screwing around with float levels, checking all of the jets, pulling the carbs on and off the bike, it finally runs great. No more black smoke, and it just purrs. I had to take it for a rip after midnight. I just wanted to thank all of the input that I have gotten from you guys. I am so happy I found this site to get this bike on the road. With out this site, I would have junked the bike. Thanks again to everyone. Now I will take my time changing things up. Lights here, mini apes there. Mostly I just want to ride it.

2. moellear

moellear Member

Saweeeet! congrats, you've gotten the heart of your bike pumping once again. Over half the time, thats the most difficult part on these bikes. Heck I don't doubt I have slight issues here and there with carbs. they can be a pita but its worth the ride.

now that you will ride more often, be sure to double check your brakes. what else is gonna be stoppin ya?

delamination rear brake check

3. SuperSparr

SuperSparr New Member

I read that post the other day. That was one the the first things I did check when I got to the shop that night.