1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

Handlebar emblem for '81-'83 XJ750 Seca

Discussion in 'XJ 3D Printing & STL Files' started by co.dirtbiker, Oct 15, 2024 at 9:37 PM.

1. co.dirtbiker

co.dirtbiker Member

Uploaded another one of my 3D models for XJs on Thingiverse. This one is for a replica of the emblem that covers the screws on the handlebar pad. Seems like they are always absent and mine too was missing when I purchased the bike.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:6799231

Sorry I don't have a decent photo of the final version. The bike is stored elsewhere at the moment so I can't get one. This was one of the earlier prototypes and is kinda rough with residue from a failed paint experiment, but you get the idea. A resin printer would probably do an even better job. Just don't use PLA. It'll turn into a potato chip in the sun. PETG works a lot better.

upload_2024-10-15_20-30-50.png

2. Andrew Nichols

Andrew Nichols Active Member

Not all heroes wear capes!

3. Melnic

Melnic Active Member

NICE!
    I have been using PETG from Hatchbox (buy on amazon) and it holds its color in the sun really well. I have boat parts that have been outside for 3 years now.