1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

Happy 4th! How did/are you celebrating?

Discussion in 'Hangout Lounge' started by iwingameover, Jul 4, 2009.

1. iwingameover

iwingameover Active Member

I got a cook out and then watching the cup race from daytona tonight...

Had the bike out today, beautiful weather here in Maryland. While leaving the garage where it's kept, the MD Air Gaurd was taking off in their squadron of A-10's. THe road paralles the run way for a bit so I thought it was pretty sweet to ride along the runway while these awesome war machines come screaming off the ground one after another and on 4th of July no less.

2. johntc

johntc Member

In our small South Dakota town we start off on the evening of the 3rd with a cruise night for all the vintage (and wannabe vintage) cars. Morning of the 4th there is a parade including the usual cars, trucks, tractors, horses, politicians (behind the horses of course) and fire trucks from half-a-dozen other area towns.
    After the parade there is a car show and about thirty vendors and local organizations serving all kinds of food in the park.
    When the sun goes down there is the usual fireworks display and somewhere in all this most of us find time to sample a beverage or two.
    Sorry New York, I'll take my small town any day.

3. KDOG_007

KDOG_007 New Member

I spent the 3rd fishing and camping with the family by a lake in SW Minnesota. It rained the entire time we were there, but we still had fun!

The 4th I'm celebrating my friends birthday with a night of drunken mischief in several small towns (no worries, we got a sober driver).

The 5th is devoted to working on the bike and getting her running again

Pretty fun-filled weekend!

4. efigalaxie

efigalaxie New Member

I went on the 2nd to pick up my 2 '82 xj650s.
    On the 3rd I unloaded them by myself. (Lots of fun) Then I went to my grandmother's (she is 96) and dug a 150 ft trench to bury a sat cable.
    Today, I am working.
    Tomorrow, I am working
    Monday, I am off, but going to a funeral.

So, it has been a mixed bag to say the least.

I hope everyone is having a good 4th!!!

5. bill

bill Active Member

We had a great cookout and then on to some fireworks out front. Had a great time.

6. tennsouthernbelle

tennsouthernbelle Member

Friday we went to Cherokee park for a picnic and some swimming.
    Saturday we went to Rogersville for a Joe Diffie concert (Man he's gotten old) and Fireworks. It was set up to some hip hop music (gag) then after 10 minutes came to a halt... we waited 15 minutes and still nothing. Everyone decided to pack up the lawn chairs and head out. Only to have the fireworks start again. :/ Very disappointing pyrotechnics show.
    Then today was spent at Dollywood.

7. Fode140

Fode140 Member

Buddy of mine's got a place up on Castle Rock Lake in Wisconsin. Spent Thursday night through last night boating, bond fires, cookouts, messing around on the ATV's and jetskis (Yamahas of course) and blowing up a TON of fireworks! Definately a fun 4th, but man am I tired! Hope everyone had a safe and fun time!

8. ethanch

ethanch Member

Rode the XJ750 Seca a couple hours north on Thurs. to the Aunt's cabin on Priest Lake, ID. spent the next three days riding a Yamaha wave runner all over the lake, ate great food, played some games with the family. Watched a neighbor shoot off 5K in some serious aerial display fireworks, from his off-shore dock. Awesome show! I'm sure the bears are still crossing the Canadian boarder from all the noise and light. A great ride up and back.

9. pictishusa

pictishusa Member

rode four hundred miles this weekend on the ole girl first ride at this distance, she did beautiful the whole trip, not an issue one, save my butt, i gotta get a different seat,ouch, im walkin bull legged,visted family and friends had a great weekend, clocked the bike with the gps, wont tell ya how stupid i got, but all is well, a great ride!

10. alkasmeltzer

alkasmeltzer Member

Went in to the doc's and got the splint removed from my elbow!!! Thought it would be a great day to ride and, weather wise it was. Mid 70's no wind or rain. The problem is, I can't straighten my arm out yet!!! :(

Then I got an invite to run up to Wahoo (yeah, it's a real town). Ate too much, drank way too much (didn't drive home) and blew up a whole lotta stuff. Acetelyne bombs kick butt!!! Had the cops called on us twice, but no jail time. Not even a ticket. Decided in our drunken state to climb the grain elevator at the railroad tracks. :roll: Yeah, I'm 43 and I still ain't growed up yet!! 8O

All in all, a fun day, but I wish I could have ridden some, too.

11. alkasmeltzer

alkasmeltzer Member

did you ride the Areola coaster? :lol: :roll:

12. tennsouthernbelle

tennsouthernbelle Member

You men are all the same... mention Dolly and what do you think about first....