1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

Has anyone done any custom work to viragos

Discussion in 'Other Motorcycles' started by Shane Williams, Jan 18, 2024.

1. Shane Williams

Shane Williams New Member

I'm working on a 82 xv750. Some of them have dual rear shocks the 82 does not it is a mono shock. The innovator of the system I believe but not positive and it's irrelevant.
    Anyway I was considering hard tail to lower it the seating position in particular but I don't really want kidney damage or be beat to hell so keeping the suspension would be great I've got a few other seats but I really don't want to go with the curved plywood, or plastic covered in 1/4 inch of foam and leather or pleather whether or not there's is or isn't a couple of f150 valve springs under it to make believe it dont still beat the shit out of you. I've got a couple of different solo seats off of various past projects or parts bikes making it fit and stay isn't a problem I'm not hung up on everything has to be factory engineered bike specific bs, I prove that wrong daily. My concern and question is has anyone else done so and what did you do? I can see several ways to go with it but I just want to see what anyone else's sees thinks or has done at the end of the day I have a migraine and 2 side grinders and I ain't scared to start chopping and see what happens I've had to fix so many mistakes and bad ideas that nothing scares me it's not effed up if you fix it or out back like you found it so what y'all got?

2. LAB3

LAB3 Member

I've done a lot to a 920 Virago and you can't really do anything to lower the bike without fabbing and welding different mount points for the monoshock. Most people take out the shock and put in a piece of pipe or rod in it's place to hard tail it. Take out the monoshock and set the height you want the fame to ride at and cut the rod or pipe to fit between the shock mounts.