1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

headlight

Discussion in 'XJ Modifications' started by 80slider, Jul 10, 2010.

1. 80slider

80slider New Member

Hi all, I'm new here and luv all the great information thats been written. My problem is, a friend of mine has bought an'83 xj 750. He removed the round headlight that came on the bike and now has me putting the factory rectangular one back on it. All the information I can find is going from the factory to a round light and not the other way around. Also, I only have 5-6 volts at the plug. So neither the headlight or fog light work. I've printed two wireing diagrams off and about half the wire colors match on either. Am I missing a major ground problem or just bad wires?? Any help here would be greatly appricated.
    :cry:

2. mlew

mlew Well-Known Member

You have a bad connection somewhere, who knows. Start at the most common places and check connections, fuse block, handle bar switch. Most of the wiring loom plugs are in the headlight bucket, check them all. There is a reverse lighting relay under the gas tank and it could also be the culprit.

3. Polock

Polock Well-Known Member

if you have the big "atari" tach and speedo there could be a problem in there

4. 80slider

80slider New Member

Gamornin all, well , after 5 hours of piecing thru diagrams and tracing wires I found the trouble maker. the PO had fun with accessories,wiring, and little wiring knowlage. thanks for the guidence. shew....glad that's over.....lolol