1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

how did you get your mufflers off.

Discussion in 'XJ Technical Chat' started by snowwy66, May 29, 2010.

1. parts

parts Member

Depends on how ambitious you are.
    You could pull the whole system off, then stand the
    mufflers on end so your favorite sray lube can soak
    down between the pieces. But, that may take an overnight
    soak.
    In the long run it may save you some money if you have to take it to the shop since the pipes are already off.Plus you know the shop
    dudes wont be able to scratch or damage your bike.

2. yamaman

yamaman Member

Thanks guys, and snowwy thanks for letting me hijack your post. Well since I got 1 muffler off and the collector hasn't budged, I think I'm gonna tighten up the collector and leave it on there. I bought a new setup from someone that included all three pieces but there's no problem with my collector anyway other than this new one is Mint. It'll prolly be in the for sale section. I got some Map gas now that should get the other muffler off cause it burns hotter than the propane. If it really comes off much easier with the Map ill move on to the collector. My buddy at the shop said his air hammer/chizel would do it in a Second but I don't wanna load up in my pickup and drive the bike there. Sealing my tank now so time is my friend

3. Rodney Watson

Rodney Watson New Member

I'm in the same boat. Banging and soaking and pulling for 1.5 hours, and the left side muffler moved about half an inch. Uggh!!!