1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

ignition cover fit and dash lights color

Discussion in 'XJ Technical Chat' started by Mike82mxm, May 11, 2014.

1. Mike82mxm

Mike82mxm Member

I bought the 750 cover that goes over the ignition and the center bolt of the triple trees but my ignition switch seems to be at the wrong angle.The ignition itself is pionted more to the speedo and my cover no fit.while i was rebuiling it i noticed the lock tab on the frame would not catch the lock on the ignition so i had to modify the tab so nedless to say i think if i change my ignition the tab wont catch.any close up pics out there as to the angle of a unmolested 82 750 mxm ignition with and without the cover? And as to the color of dash lights mine our orange can they be changed to white or is it the color of the lens ?

2. patmac6075

patmac6075 Active Member

Are you looking for this? Unfortunatly, my PO had broken the plastic ignition cover and used silicone caulk to make a sort of "build up" then glued it in place...it work, and you wouldn't have know unless you had to take it off (which I did).
    [​IMG]

As far as gauge lights go, I would suggest colored LED (same color) for turn signals, neutral ect.. I used warm white for my gauges...but any color could work, just depends on what you like.

3. Mike82mxm

Mike82mxm Member

[​IMG]

tnats exactly what i needed a pic of,my ignition sits way closer to the gauges mine i thiink its the wrong one personally but changing its a pita. thanks for the pic much apreciated