1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

I'm so close.. My XJ750 "Custom" project is just about done!

Discussion in 'XJ Technical Chat' started by bluepotpie, Aug 16, 2008.

1. bluepotpie

bluepotpie Member

Rick - I'll likely take you up on that one but not just yet. I want the seat and tank to be close to the last things I do to her.

Wiz - come on man... Where's the love? There's still hope. :)

2. bluepotpie

bluepotpie Member

Rick - I'll likely take you up on that one but not just yet. I want the seat and tank to be close to the last things I do to her.

Wiz - come on man... Where's the love? There's still hope. :)

3. windinhishair

windinhishair New Member

XJ RIDER

HOWDY,HOWDY.HOWDY XJ Fans

Rode my first xj 750 at age 15.
    Went down to the local yamaha dealer for a test ride. The owner took out a maxim, i rode a virago. i came back on the maxim & was hooked for life!!!

Since then I've riden a 700 Maxim X 150 mph --- what a machine
    1100 Midnight Maxim - put the spurs to er n hung on as she roared n stood straight-up while I hung on by only my fingernails, the rest of my body was like a flag in the wind.
    Had a 550 XJ nice n sporty but a bit small as I'm 6' tall.
    Missed 2 turbo's for lack of funding.

Currently own a 750 Seca 20k miles, Full factoryfairing & 3 pc hard luggage. I call it my "copcicle".
    Bought used from a dealer. only problem was leaky fork seals which seems to be a problem with that series, my 550 was the same, $10 for parts n a home-made tool cured that.

I haven't tackled the 750 forks yet, they're air/anti-dive, differant than the 550 plain hydrolic/spring

Droped it the first day out n broke the wind-screen, it did create a nice bubble to ride in but, I dont miss it, never could get use to lookin through plexiglass, prefer the sport fairing, like my 550 had, great for dukin in when I red-line er.

Dont be missled that reduction in wind drag means alot.

OMG I'm amazed & thankfull for the web, there is so much info on this bike ,,,,I didnt know there was a fuel injected version. ---- somethink I'd luv to do for mine to improve performance.

Unfortunately I had to put her in storage for 2 yrs, [NEVER AGAIN WILL I LET A BIKE SIT MORE THAN A MONTH]

So off came the carbs to clean m out,---then i had that oil pukin incident, solved that by lettin her run n puke n keepin the crankcase full till it cleared up. wow I was worried I might have to dismantle the engine.

Finally, got her to the point where she would run, so off I went.

When I got back there was my 3yr old son & wife waitin---all the while.
    She told me I owe him an apoligy,--- when I left he took off after me yellin n cursin cause I left without him.

A ride around the neighborhood sittin on the gas tank fixed that.
    Now whenever I pull the cycle out He's there with sunglass's in hand.

Soon I'll be investin in new carbs n fork seals.

Recently moved to aplain state, strait roads for miles n no helmets.
    Big differance from the pocono mountains, where the roads were like rollercoasters lots of fun but [ever hit a dear on a bike]? A riden buddy of mine wrecked his knee like that.

Any comments or assistance will be welcomed or offered.

Windinhishair Rides again