1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

Indianapolis Area XJers?

Discussion in 'Eastern US and Canada' started by AmunRa, May 20, 2009.

1. AmunRa

AmunRa New Member

Are there any XJers in the Indianapolis/Terre Haute/Bloomington Indiana areas that are interested in setting up a ride? I just got my XJ and it would be cool to meet some people who are into vintage bikes and go for a ride somewhere around Bloomington, Indiana (lots of hills and twisties = loads of fun). Let me know where you guys are!

2. MadMaxim85

MadMaxim85 Member

What about us Michiganders? I'd be interested in riding with your group (you're just a hop skip and a jump away). I have a 1985 Yamaha Maxim XJ700. Do you know if anyone would be interested in a carb clinic? Maybe we can set something like that up. Let me know what you think!

3. AmunRa

AmunRa New Member

So, I had to sell my XJ 650 Maxim last year to pay off some outstanding bills, but I got a nice tax return this year and was able to acquire an 82 XJ 750 Maxim that runs like a champ for only $900. I live in Terre Haute, IN and I go to Bloomington, IN at least once a week. State Road 45 from Bloomington to Bean Blossom, IN is like a mini tail of the dragon. It is an insanely fun ride. If anyone out there is near me, get ahold of me and lets RIDE!!!

4. justifidejoe

justifidejoe Member

Thanks for the heads up AmunRa. I'm at Purdue right now, and I'm sure you're well aware that the roads up this way can get a bit dull :)

5. pewpewspaceship

pewpewspaceship New Member

I'm in Bloomington and have an xj750 seca that I've had since '04. It's out of commission until I do the carbs/valves though.

6. motors-guitars

motors-guitars Member

i know this post is old but maybe someone in Indy will see it! live on the north east side. noblesville. just got my first bike. an xj. looking for a riding group

7. Harlequynn

Harlequynn New Member

Fort Wayne, here. Once I get my head gasket changed out, I would be interested in some day trips to different areas of the state. I'm riding my first bike, a 1982 XJ750 Maxim (when I can, Pretty hectic lately), but I also have a 1983 XV920M with carburetor problems (anyone have any tips on how to sync these?), and am restoring a 1982 XJ750 SECA (just needs the crucial front brakes finished as of last fall).

8. motors-guitars

motors-guitars Member

let me know if ya wanna ride sometime!