1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

Introdrewsing myself.

Discussion in 'Hangout Lounge' started by DewTheDrew, Jul 15, 2009.

1. DewTheDrew

DewTheDrew New Member

Hey everyone, I just registered and I wanted to say whats up. This is a great forum. Lots of info, I'm sure I'll be learning quite a lot. I have a few questions to start.

1. does anyone have a set of tank emblems. Mine are just a little too scuffed up and I'd love to find some new or clean used without spending $80 + beans.
    2. I have a high-back queen seat, but I don't see any info on these. Do I have a special option for the XJ650J? Where do I find resources for my seat.

Again, I'm glad to be here. I'm looking forward to communicating and sharing.
    Thanks
    Andrew

Attached Files:

2. Wyldman

Wyldman Member

Welcome to the forum. :)

3. alkasmeltzer

alkasmeltzer Member

Welcome, Drew. You will learn so much here about you XJ.

As for the parts, you need to PM Chacal on this here board. He has an extensive parts inventory and know for a fact that he has the emblems for your 650. Great prices, rapid transit shipping and the absolute best in customer service you will ever experience!!!!

Others will back me up on this.

4. bill

bill Active Member

Welcome - the emblems are expensive - referb them. Go to ACE or any craft store and get liquid gold leaf - repaint them and slap them back on.

Optionally if you decide to replace let us know I'm sure there are several of us that would buy them to restore.

The high back seat appears to have been an option in 81 - yours is the first 82 I have seen it on but it could be an 81 seat. Of course I have not researched it just going by what I have seen out there.

Bike looks to be in great shape.

5. johntc

johntc Member

Ditto on the refurb idea. I did mine with aircraft modeling paint and they came out pretty good especially considering my ineptness in the artistic world is only overshadowed by my incompetance in the computer world.
    Give me a wrench any time.

6. DewTheDrew

DewTheDrew New Member

Awesome suggestion Bill. I've never worked with gold leaf before, but that will definately work.
    There's a significant chip on the "A" but I'll bet a little Bondo could fix it.

7. Kendall

Kendall Member

Welcome, glad to have you with us.

I am currently working on making some side panel emblems for my maxim will post some pics soon.

If anyone has or can take a good picture of a tank emblem for a 82 750 Maxim I would love to try to make a set of those too.

8. wizard

wizard Active Member

Hi Andrew welcome, as Bill said the gold leafing pen is the go, I use 'KRYLON' brand, here's a pic of some I did, silver leaf, of course. Wiz.

9. Kendall

Kendall Member

Nice looking badges. Did you clearcoat the leaf or does it withstand wear ok?

10. DewTheDrew

DewTheDrew New Member

nicely done Kendall, I think I'll give it a go myself and post back when complete.