1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

Is the xj650 similar to the xs650 frame and tank wise?

Discussion in 'XJ Modifications' started by nhxj650, Sep 26, 2012.

1. nhxj650

nhxj650 New Member

I have an 83 xj650 maxim and I want to put a street tracker XRWS seat on it. But the seat looks to be made for the XS only. Would it be easy to install it if the two bikes are similar?

I have seen xj with street tracker seats but no info on how they made it fit, any if would be great before I place an order.

Thanks in advance.

2. warchol2

warchol2 Member

there would be some modification involved. i have an 82 maxim 650 and a 79 xs650. the xs has like a side hinge mounted seat, while the maxim uses a more traditional seat mount like most bikes

frames are also quite different as well. the xs tail is flat and the end loops around to connect to the opposite frame rail. u would probly have a problem there becuase the maxims tail section does a "step up" type thing that matches the contour of the stock seat

3. nhxj650

nhxj650 New Member

Thanks Warchol, do you think it would fit with slight modification or do you think it would be a pain in the a$$ to make it work?