1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

Just an XJ mechanic

Discussion in 'Hangout Lounge' started by ShinobiU, Sep 23, 2013.

1. ShinobiU

ShinobiU New Member

Greetings to everybody. I'm Goran from Croatia, but everybody calls me Shire. Friend of mine traded his Kawa ER-5 for a 1980 XJ650, hardtailed bobber. Cool looking bike, but very poorly made and probably never seen any maintenance. That's how I found this site, and lots of info here helped me to transform this dying old horse into a fire breathing steed from hell lol.Still have some issues but I'll open a separate topic about that. Few pics of the bike on the day I finished most of the work so the friend could take it on the road(after 10 months of sitting in milion parts):

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Proud owner:

[​IMG]

Since this was taken( 3 months ago) he put about 6K km on it, few small problems mostly connected to the fact that it has pods, 2 occasions of loosing parts while riding(2 out of 4 baffles decided to abandon their exhaust pipes lol) and one small crash. Other than that it goes like crazy, rides unexpectedly good for a hardtail ape hanger bike, and the wow factor is just amazing, real head turner.

2. ken007

ken007 Member

good one, sounds like you and your mate are having lots of fun, thats what its all about.

3. patmac6075

patmac6075 Active Member

Dude...your bike is BADA$$!

I'm normally not a fan of the bobber look...but that thing looks wicked!