1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

just wanted to say hi and thanks

Discussion in 'Hangout Lounge' started by malaky593, Jul 9, 2009.

1. malaky593

malaky593 New Member

just bought a 83 xj 650 maxim had problem with headlight not working so I did a search and ended here, I became a member and started digging in the forums about this subject. and after one day of checking wiring and connections and diagrams I fixed my problem.... a bad relay! while I was at it I did a charging system test and wasn't getting the normal 14-14.5v
    and found a connector with a corroded wire that wasn't makeing connection. The bike is a little rough around the edges but runs good so I'm sure I will use this site often. just wanted to thank all of you who had explained this stuff. I'm in bowling green, Ky. thanks again

2. bill

bill Active Member

Welcome - glad you found what you are looking for. There is a ton of good info and good people on this site.

3. SLKid

SLKid Active Member

True story. Every problem I've come across so far has been cured by this site and its wonderful people and services
    -Chris

4. malaky593

malaky593 New Member

new problem headlight goes dim at higher rpms probably the relay i changed out not being correct one