1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

Keep blowing ignition fuses

Discussion in 'XJ Technical Chat' started by jamesc2008, Jul 26, 2009.

1. jamesc2008

jamesc2008 Member

I can seem to fire the bike up and ride it up and down the block a few times, but when i go a few miles or more i turn the bike off and let it sit for a few and the ignition fuse is blown, always under the metal caps where you can't see it. Any guesstimates?

Also, i just wanted to take this opportunity to say that i LOVE these boards.

2. bill

bill Active Member

Well under the metal cap says old fuse panel - I would recommend you replace it.

I'm not sure if it blows while running if it would keep running or not - Could be you have an intermittent short in that line someplace. Gonna take a good bit to track it down but I would start at connection points.

3. wingnut325

wingnut325 Member

Are the clips tight in the fuse panel. If they are loose it may be vibration is breaking the fuse-able material virus a current problem. Either way the first step would be to replace the old fuse panel with the modern blade type.