1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

LED Light Replacements

Discussion in 'XJ Modifications' started by MaximNewbie, Nov 18, 2006.

1. MaximNewbie

MaximNewbie Member

Anyone tried these? I see them all over Ebay - 1157 LED replacements with anywhere from 3 to 32 LEDS per bulb. I was thinking about the brake light and turn signals - but wanted knowledge from anyone that tried them before I bought. Thanks for any input.

2. seedyrom

seedyrom Member

I haven't gotten to the turn signals yet, but in my gallery are some pictures of my LED brake lights.

3. MaximNewbie

MaximNewbie Member

So those on your bike are 3 watt, 3 LED replacements? Have you tried any with more LED's and higher watts? I saw some with 20 LED's and 24 watt power - would something like that be brighter?

4. seedyrom

seedyrom Member

No, I haven't tried any of the LED cluster lights. I do have and extra one of the red 3W that I used on my bike. Would be nice to do a side by side of the 3W vs. one of the cluster.

All I know is that I'd say from my observation is that the 3W LED is about the same brightness as the conventional 1157. When I had them side by side you could see a difference in the "on" time. The LED was instant, while the regular bulb "warmed up". It wasn't much of a difference, but enough that I immediatly noticed it.

5. OU812didntU

OU812didntU Member

just be carefull with adding wattage to your bike am pretty sure there is a limit.