1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

looking for ignition, gas cap, and Key

Discussion in 'For Sale, Trade/Swap, Wanted' started by pdm317, May 21, 2008.

1. pdm317

pdm317 New Member

my key is missing so i am looking for a ignition and gas tank cap, hopefully with key but if not oh well as long as the numbers are their. my numbers that are supposed to be on the ignition are not their so im kinda inbetween a rock and a hard place,

thanks Paul

2. rpgoerlich

rpgoerlich Member

Mine were on the bottom. I took it to a lockshop and they were able to cut one for it.

I also had a 77 XS750 that I took the helmet lock in to them and they cut a key for it and it fit everything.

Good Luck !

3. danno

danno Member

True enough. If you can bring items that you need keys made for to a COMPETENT locksmith,along with the make/model/year of your bike,they should be able to produce a key...(hint-make several copies!) for you.Big DUH,but if the P.O. swapped out any of the keyed items (ignition,gas cap,seat/helmet lock),one key will not be an option.May cost you a few bucks,but still cheaper than buying used items of questionable quality,and shipping costs are no longer an issue.

4. pdm317

pdm317 New Member

yea that will be on the agenda for tomorrow,Thanks for the info i just have to find a locksmith now

5. MN-Maxims

MN-Maxims St. Paul Minnesota

J had a locksmith make key for my 750. It only cost 18.00 and it took two days. Good Luck

6. PatD

PatD New Member

PM sent