1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

Looking for Mechanic or help in/near Maryland

Discussion in 'Eastern US and Canada' started by nocturnals4, Feb 23, 2012.

1. nocturnals4

nocturnals4 New Member

Name:Jeremy
    Time: Dont have any
    Wants: To have some one get my 81 XJ650 running for me.

I got the bike for free and got it running but could never get it to idle. After a couple times of stalling out on the road I parked it. The tank has some surface rust that I think needs to be coated (I bought a "Kreem" coating kit)
    The bike needs some cosmetic love but I want to get it running right first before It gets further fixed up. Suggestions? Thanks guys.

2. Wrench26

Wrench26 Member

I'm live down in DC. Could poss help you out I have a 82. Don't know when but send me a PM. But the main prob sounds like it the idle jet clogged. The prob need to be removed and the bowled taken off and sprayed out.

3. iwingameover

iwingameover Active Member

Probably need carbs cleaned and synced and valves checked. In addition to the tank. Some surface rust won't keep it from running. I've got tools and space if the bike is mobile. Or I can bring what we need to you.

I'm in Essex. Let me know. I got 4 of them running last year for other members.

4. shangovi

shangovi Member

yup - I wz one of the 4 and once you know how to do the carbs you'll be surprised how easy it is JUST DO EACH STEP WITH CARE!!!

5. OldSchoolOtter

OldSchoolOtter Member

nocturnals4, Did you guys ever get your bike running? iwin taught me a lot about servicing my 550 Seca last year. I'm just about to attempt to start her up for the first time this season tomorrow...we'll see how it works out.

If you get her going, we should get some rides together soon.

-Otter

6. jmilliken

jmilliken Well-Known Member

you ever get it going?

7. JeffK

JeffK Well-Known Member

LOL, don't you hate that crap......someone comes on asking for help, everyone pitches in to offer their time...and the original poster vanishes....ah well, isn't the first time, won't be the last.

jeff

8. rvmac1432

rvmac1432 New Member

I just joined and I'm enjoying this site. I don't plan on disappearing anytime soon. I just have to learn how and where to go to return to whereever I was when I got turned around. I haven't found a compass, and it's too cloudy to find the angle of the sun. goodluck to the individual that started this post. Enjoy the rides this summer.