1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

Make your own triple tree

Discussion in 'XJ Modifications' started by kciv, Jul 12, 2008.

1. kciv

kciv New Member

In order to change the angle of the forks has anyone made a triple tree? An example of a welded design is enclosed.

Attached Files:

2. Anthony14

Anthony14 Member

I don't think so, but those are sweet and if I had a shop I would for sure build one.

3. dwcopple

dwcopple Active Member

check out customfighters.com forum...they make tons of triples over there all the time...

4. Zookie400

Zookie400 Active Member

i was just thinking about this!

5. johno8

johno8 Member

I've just completed a 15 month rebuild of my Maxim-X into a chopper and love it. As far as changing the fork angle, I assume you are talking about a raked triple tree? If so, there are some major concerns with just buying a raked triple tree, all of them to do with how your ride will handle once installed. For tons of info on how to do it right, google "rake and trail" and start reading. In a nutshell, if you rake your front end and the trail is outside the specs for your model, your handling will really suffer either at low speed, or at highway speed. I thoroughly researched the issue including visiting some custom bike builders in the local area and decided my only option was to buy an engineered triple tree. This is a raked triple tree that is specifically designed and built to ensure the trail remains the same, and the finished product is also registered to your ride's VIN. Definitely not cheap, but if you want to build a custom bike, do it safely so you can ride safely.