1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

For Sale Maxim 750 Mufflers

Discussion in 'For Sale, Trade/Swap, Wanted' started by vashtsdaytona, May 15, 2020.

1. vashtsdaytona

vashtsdaytona Active Member

I have 2 sets of extra Maxim 750 mufflers i would like to sell. In the process of buying replacements for mine I ended up with extras.

Quality wise there is what I would call a B grade set and and C grade set. I polished them up and wrapped them in shrink wrap and through in a desect pouch for moisture.

If you are seriously interested I can unwrap them and get you more pictures.

I am open to offers, but note shipping for a pair of these is like to be in the $20 range, but we can get quotes before hand.

Attached Files:

2. vashtsdaytona

I meant to say desiccant, not desect. point is to keep moisture out.

3. vashtsdaytona

still got them would like to move them out

4. Ken w

Ken w New Member

Just out of curiosity do you know how long those mufflers are and the diameter that goes into the pipe?

5. vashtsdaytona

i can check. i saw your other posts, dont you have some now? but you might be missing the seals or they dont fit tight? maybe you are thinking they arent factory? these are just more stockers. they have the seals in them as i recall. but that doesnt mean those gaskets are good.

if you dont want to pay the money for new gaskets, i think they are close to $30 each?? but are available. if you want to make up some thickness you can use that aluminum backed fiberglass tape. you can get at autoparts store but much cheaper online. wrap to your desired diameter. some might not like this, and it is hacky but in my history it definitely works. for me i didnt want to wait on parts ran it is as a temp fix that became a so far, several years running fix.

6. Ken w

Ken w New Member

one muffler has a hole in the bottom,I’m looking for diameter so I know what size mufflers to buy, I want something a little louder

7. Door dude

Door dude Active Member Premium Member

Im looking to get a left side. What would you sell me one for ? If you are willing to sell one, can i get pictures ?

8. vashtsdaytona

I am not home right now. I will unwrap the best left I have and take pics for you

9. Door dude

Thank you, i will be standing by.

10. vashtsdaytona

I am home now here is my best left. I did my best to get all angles and damage. There is one dent that is pictured. It is pretty shiny. Ignore my hand prints. When I was looking for mufflers (and how I ended up having so many) I polished all of them with pedestal buffer multiple wheels and multiple rouge. I say that to set expectations, I don't think the chrome will clean up any better than I have already done.

Ideally I'd like to sell as set to free up more space. Maybe you want a matched set?? Issue with mufflers is shipping can be pretty high. But look it over maybe it's not as nice as you were hoping for. The exhaust gasket is in there but might be too compressed to seal. I can't say. For me I had used foil tape to make up some thickness, if you don't want to buy new gasket.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

11. vashtsdaytona

Oh also my other left, when I was sorting these I had 4 sets, I put the As on my bike then there is a B and C set. This is the B and the last set was thrown away as junk. The C left the chrome isn't as nice but it doesn't have that dent but the chrome had light pitting on C so because of the that this one I marked as B quality

12. Door dude

Im not in need for the right side mine is in great shape. My left has a hole in it from the po. He rode it without the rubber stopper on the bottom and the center stand put a hole in it, then he pop riveted a thin piece of metal to it and it leaks. So can we make a deal ?

13. vashtsdaytona

All I have remaining, is one right hand muffler. Should anyone be looking for one.

14. Door dude

I can testify that he is honest, i bought the left muffler and it is sweet.

15. mshah0686

mshah0686 Member

Hey! I am looking for a right muffler if you still have one for sale. Please PM me. Thanks!

16. vashtsdaytona

This is my last muffler, it is a right side. It's in pretty good shape. I did my best to show it honestly. It has a dent in it, pictured, and minor scuff on the bottom, pictured. And the black inside the tip could be repainted. But overall I think nice. I rated this one B grade.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

17. Fuller56

Fuller56 Well-Known Member

Cary, NC (winter) Harpursville, NY (summer)
    I can vouch for Vashtsdaytona! I bought a pair of his mufflers a few months ago and his description was very accurate and he shipped quickly. Well done Sir!
    John

18. vashtsdaytona

All are now sold. Thanks all!