1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

Meet the new arrival (hint: Almost from this century!)

Discussion in 'Hangout Lounge' started by broccili, Feb 13, 2012.

1. broccili

broccili Member

Also, not an XJ or Yama.

Ever since I had my old R90/6, I've loved the boxer engine, and they just get better the more miles you put on them. This one feels pretty good, it has 90k on the clock.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Ohlin shocks front and rear, ABS, heated grips, bags, windshield, and BM's nice plug in trickle charger that keeps the battery happy all winter.
    Rode her home today in the nice 20 degree weather. Had to turn the grips down, they go too hot!

Now I can ride this and take my sweet time getting the XJ ready for spring.

2. Yammadof

Yammadof Member

Oh I like that............! Still miss the R80 that I last rode while living in Germany...........

Dave

3. theadbrewer

theadbrewer Member

I want....

4. bigfitz52

bigfitz52 Well-Known Member Premium Member

Gee, ONLY 90K? It's barely broke in...

Looks like it only needs a little TLC.

5. oilheadron

oilheadron Member

VERY nice motorcycle. I had one of the '98 75th Anniversary Editions with a few mods and it was one of the most satisfying bikes I've ever owned. The first time I sat on an R1100R back when they first came out it just felt RIGHT. At the time I decided on an R1100RT (which was way fine in its' own right) but the R model just has a special feel to it (for me anyway) that can't be beat.

6. broccili

broccili Member

All the things I've read about people who have had this bike reflect that they have always regretted selling it. Sometimes a bike just calls to you....

Engine braking with this thing is just monstrous. I have to remember to not just let the throttle go, the thing immediately drops down in speed like you've hit a soft wall very hard.

7. lostboy2

lostboy2 Member

Very nice bike. I have always wanted one like that. Maybe one day. That is my dream bike. I will have one of them one day. Oh to dream for that day....