1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

Mid Ohio

Discussion in 'Eastern US and Canada' started by Polock, Jul 5, 2007.

1. Polock

Polock Well-Known Member

AMA vintage days july 27 - 29
    or
    Honda weekend aug 3 - 5
    not sure which one yet, i'll let the weatherman decide

2. XJturbo

XJturbo Member

I'm trying not to work during the vintage weekend, it's always an awesome adventure looking at all the vintage bikes and parts everywhere you look! Lucky for me I only live about 45 minutes north of mid-Ohio :)

-Nick

3. kevineleven

kevineleven Member

Yeh, I'm 45min south. I'll try to be there, although I'll just be getting back from NYC.

4. kevineleven

kevineleven Member

I'll be there sunday, roaming around. I'll look for some xj's. Mine's pretty easy to find.

5. XJturbo

XJturbo Member

I went today.....and i didn't see not ONE XJ bike anywhere!! there must have been 10,000 bikes there it seemed. I seen one radian which looks to be a close cousin to the xj, that's it. everybody loved the turbo though, even had a few decent offers to sell, but i couldn't do it :wink: The vintage races were pretty cool, lots of old BSA, Norton and Triumph cafe racers....a few ducatis too.
    I might go tomorrow, so i'll look for ya kevin, shouldn't be to hard to spot an XJ, especially yours!

-Nick

6. ridz

ridz Member

Yes you are correct about the radian but my under standing is "my" bike (xj700 maxim-x) is the little brother to the v-max and the radian is the lil bro to my bike.

I guess its all in how you want to look @ it, you guys are makin me so jealous.

3 weeks before I have a day off, enjoy the show!

~Ridz~

7. Polock

Polock Well-Known Member

i was there saturday too, missed your turbo but i did spot one maxim across
    the side road from the demo area
    she was a rust bucket rat bike, but she got someone there, and home, i hope
    there were some fine machines there, some triumphs you would have to take apart to tell they weren't new
    left at 8 back at 10 just missed a deer 20 miles from home, could have kicked
    it going 50
    210 miles out, didn't check coming back, i think i'll use the truck tomorrow

8. kevineleven

kevineleven Member

Was there today from about 11-4. Killer time, lots of people, lots of bikes. I also saw *zero* xj's, but a few xs's. We walked and gawked quite a bit, watched some races, and took laps around the site for a good hour before we left.

9. CMMnCMH

CMMnCMH New Member

I was there on sat and didn't see any XJ's. Couldn't bring my bike, wasn't ready, but next year I,ll have it for sure!