1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

My Maxim in a sea of Sportbikes

Discussion in 'Hangout Lounge' started by jdpesz, Jan 17, 2008.

1. jdpesz

jdpesz Member

I know much of the country has had a lot of severe weather lately, so I'm not trying to make anyone feel bad or anything, but...last Sunday was a GORGEOUS day in Washington! I joined up with a group from the other bike forum I frequent, pnwriders.com, and we rode almost 300 miles around the area. Mostly sportbikes and ST's, one V-Rod, and my lil ol' Maxim, which held her own nicely. Here's a pic or three.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    This one was taken by someone riding 2up on another bike. I love this shot!
    [​IMG]
    Hang in there guys. Spring is just around the corner! :D

2. Gamuru

Gamuru Guest

I recognize the parking lot in the first photo... Top Foods on Everett Mall Way. Where all did you guys ride Sunday? And why didn't I hear about this?!? Sounds like I may need to join pnwriders.com.

3. jdpesz

jdpesz Member

We took Hwy 2 to Frontier Village, SR9 to Sedro Woolley, SR20 to Deception Pass, then back to Burlington. Some of the group went south on Whidbey and crossed on the ferry to Mukilteo.
    I'm sure you'd be welcome at pnwriders.com. Quite an eclectic group. And very social. Rides and bike nights are common. Join up, by all means.

4. johnnyb

johnnyb New Member

haha yea top foods been there a few times

5. Gamuru

Gamuru Guest

I work at the CARQUEST in Frontier Village. As a metter of fact, I'm right across the street, on 91st Ave., from the Dairy Queen that burned down last night. The manager is a good friend of mine. Stop by and look me up if you're down there again.

Attached Files:

• dq1.jpg
      dq1.jpg
      File size:
      30.1 KB
      Views:
    • dq2.jpg
      dq2.jpg
      File size:
      40 KB
      Views:
  6. PSteele

PSteele Member

Hey jdpesz: nothing like a maxim with a 'jammer! Talk about class in a sea of sameness. Do you have a rider's eye view of the "dashboard"? You have a few toys packed in there that look interesting.

7. jdpesz

jdpesz Member

I've thought about looking into a tank mount for my camera so I can shoot vid underway, but haven't done it yet. Maybe a helmet cam too? Meanwhile, there is a view of the "dash" in my gallery. The cluster includes AM/FM/cassette stereo, CB, and wired helmet communicator system. I listen to the radio only sometimes, and since chatterbox came out nobody uses CB anymore, so I never even turn it on. This stuff is pretty much obsolete, but it's better than empty holes with wires hanging out. Besides, the antennas make great flagpoles! :D

8. PSteele

PSteele Member

Yeah, I can see the CB and am/fm not doing much anymore. I love the seat as it looks much more comfy than stock. Was it a previous owner install? Do you know where to find one like it?

9. Edgecrusher4444

Edgecrusher4444 New Member

I've always been in the same boat..er I mean bike. This is a pic of the motorcycle club I was vice president of a few years ago at Iowa State.

Attached Files:

10. PSteele

PSteele Member

So, where did you find the sweet seat?

11. jdpesz

jdpesz Member

The seat was on the bike when I bought it, and I have no idea who put it on or where they got it. Yes, it is very comfortable. No, it's not for sale. :D