1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

Need some input.. XJ750 bobber project..

Discussion in 'XJ Modifications' started by kewlman, May 3, 2011.

1. kewlman

kewlman New Member

OK need some input. looking to do a mild bobber setup on my xj750.. i have the front end just about where i want it to look.. Except for some cutting of the front fender.. I will attach a picture of the front.. I need some ideas on how to conceal these wires behind the headlights! i don't want to rewire right now i would rather do it when i am repainting the frame in the off season. In the pics the headlights are just fashioned there to see what it will look like so don't mind the zip ties lol... umm.. i have some other questions.. has anyone ever mounted a harley peanut tank on one of these bikes?

i have alot more work to do on this bike i am just doing it in a way that i can continue riding it at the same time.. i have 10" struts to replace the shocks with, a chopper fender i want to use, i have a sportster seat and i have some shorty exhausts i want to order soon..

Attached Files:

2. Lewis

Lewis Member

Just a question... Have you replaced the triple tree? I have an '82 XJ750 Maxim but I'm stuck with the weird handlebars. I bought some risers but I think that once installed, they'll be to wide to install mini-apes...

I like what you've done with your front end. I'm working also on mine and I'm facing the same problem as yours!

Lewis

3. kewlman

kewlman New Member

stock triple tree.. i got the bars off ebay.. listed as bobber frisco bars. the seller's name is jguerra0 ,, i plan to use a gps as a speedo.. so the front looks light.. i think i have a plan with the wires but it;s raining right now so can't really try it.. no shed/garage. :(

4. Lewis

Lewis Member

I'm in the same situation as you with my wiring. I'm currently removing my Atari and will install a small 2½" speedometer with idiot's lights. All I want for this summer is to get the bike running and ridable. I'll strip it next winter to hide everything. I had an idea this morning... I have a small fake leather tool bag that I had installed on the fork (under the front light) on my previous bike. I think I'll drill some holes on the botton and get all my wiring and connexions in it. It will still be easily accessible if something goes wrong.

5. dwcopple

dwcopple Active Member

6. kewlman

kewlman New Member

i will try that if my plan doesn't work.. i have a bigger project box that i was going to use and mount it on the front of the frame but when i turn the forks won't clear. unless i mount it to the fork tubes which i don't want to do. trying to keep it light as possible in the front.. thanks for the link..

with the front looking this way the tank looks too big lol ... that's why i was wondering about a peanut tank..

7. zap2504

zap2504 Member

You could mount a U-shaped piece of black ABS plastic sheet behind the headlights. You might see the wires a little from the pilot position but it should be fairly hidden from the front/sides.