1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

New Member from Philly, Pa

Discussion in 'Hangout Lounge' started by streetshooter, May 23, 2006.

1. streetshooter

streetshooter New Member

Hey all....Don here from Philly Pa. I just got an 82 XJ 550 Seca that's been worked pretty good. Runs great and handles great even at high speeds on the highway. I also have a Harley Sporster 1200 but that's not the bike for heavy traffic.

I have a hardwood flooring business here in Philly and am also an accomplished photographer. If I can do anything for the forum or members, please let me know...thanks for having me onboard....don

2. Robert

Robert Active Member

Welcome and greetings to you Don. I'm not sure you want to tackle my hardwood floor out here so I'll settle on some pictures of your bike!

3. Joel07

Joel07 Member

Alright now, honestly, which bike is faster, the Yamaha or the Harley? :lol: :wink:

Welcome to the board, lets see some pics of both bikes!

4. streetshooter

streetshooter New Member

Well...it ain't about speed for me , it's about a comfort safety zone in high traffic....the Sporster is a great bike but I'm, really gettin' attached to the Seca....it's smaller, lighter and definately easier handling on the highway....
    and the best part about it is...my wife won't go near it at all...to small for her.....awwww shucks.........maybe it's time to sell the Harley......I'll post pics soon...thanks....don

5. jdrich48

jdrich48 Member

Welcome Don, look forward to seeing your pics.

6. DudeBozo

DudeBozo New Member

Welcome Don, can't wait for the pic's.

7. SnoSheriff

SnoSheriff Site Owner Staff Member Administrator

Welcome home streetshooter (Don) :wink:

8. geebake

geebake Member

Welcome Don. I'm in the Philly area too. Always looking for someone to get together with and comiserate over our Secas. Drop me a line if you're interested in taking a ride!

Greg

9. spanky

spanky Member

Yes, there is something you can do for me, please bring me a Philly cheese steak w/mushrooms. :p

10. streetshooter

streetshooter New Member

Randy.....provolone or american...of course don't forget the wiz.....

I'm riding the seca cross country to Wyoming in a few weeks.....I don't trust the Harley for that long of a ride but my daughter is out there getting ready for a tour in Iraq...so it's off to visit before she leaves.....I know the seca will make the trip easilly....I'll pack a cheese steak and keep it on the case to keep it warm till I get there.....

just hope I don't get hungry.....don

11. robista361

robista361 Member

my brother used to have an 81 550 seca that he used to drag race on a 1/8 mile track. He says it was the best bike he ever owned. I'm sure you will enjoy that bullet proof xj mill, as you will being part of this growing family of xj enthusiasts. BTW, I bought my xj 700 maxim xin ulster, PA. back in march. Is that any where near you? Man... that was a long trip, From central Maine to Ulster PA and back all in one day. I wish your daughter a safe tour and If you are gonna feed one pig you may as well feed us all! LoL!