1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

New member intro

Discussion in 'Hangout Lounge' started by jims98flhtci, Sep 12, 2013.

1. jims98flhtci

jims98flhtci New Member

Hi there,
    Just a quick note to introduce myself.
    Back in 1985 at 16, I was walking my dog and passed a Yamaha Exciter 250 for sale a few doors down from our house. I skipped school the next day so that I could write my beginners license for motorcycles and the rest is history.
    Since the 250 Exciter I have owned a GPZ305, 400 Maxim, 440 Ltd, GS550E, 1100 Shadow, and for the last 12 years I have been riding my 98flhtci.
    A few years back I saw a Maxim modified into a hard tail and at that point I decided that I some day wanted to do the same thing. I have been looking for some time, and two weeks ago i finally found a 650 Maxim for sale at a price that I couldn't resist.
    And so my project begins.
    I am glad that I found this forum, and I look forward to reading everyone's stories and picking people's brains now and then.

Jim

2. RobbieRobot

RobbieRobot Member

Welcome to the addiction.

3. z32800

z32800 Member

Addiction yes, you will almost become a qualified XJ mechanic with the great advice and knowledge on this forum.

4. mountaintrout

mountaintrout New Member

welcome. there are so many with such great advice.

5. MarkV

MarkV Member

welcome man, please keep us posted on your build

6. LVSteve2011

LVSteve2011 Member

Hi everybody! I am back. My world was turned UP-SIDE-DOWN! by the woman I spent ten years living with, when pretty much without warning, she threw me out of our home. No, I didn't beat on her, no, I didn't steal from her, no, I wasn't an alcoholic or drug user. I know you are all wondering what I did to deserve this... I yelled at her! no not on a regular basis, and not to just make her cringe, I yelled at her when she screwed up and that's all. I thought I was going to lose all my stuff, I did lose some. But the good thing is I still have my XJ and it's safely in a store room where I now live. After a few months of saving up some money I'll be able to powder coat the frame. It's good to be back and now I have a lot of catching up to do.

7. SilentRaven

SilentRaven Member

My first bike was a,250 exciter, I got pics of it in my profile. Loved that bike love my maxim now. Enjoy your time here!

8. ElkHavenSeca

ElkHavenSeca Active Member

Welcome !