1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

New Signals

Discussion in 'XJ Modifications' started by DudeBozo, May 2, 2006.

1. DudeBozo

DudeBozo New Member

I finally got the turn signal / marker lights for the front installed. What a chore, I had to basically take the guts out of the factory assemblies and place them in the billet housing due to the factory signals acting as marker lights when not in signal mode. I had thought that by buying a light with a dual filament bulb that they would be wired properly. Not true.

But, after a few hours with a soldering iron I was able to get things going, they work great. I had thought of getting a visor for the headlight so they all will match but now I think I'll just take the visors off the signals to give me more visibility.

The pic's in my gallery show the whole bike with the new front and rear together.

Any thoughts?

Attached Files:

2. bartman

bartman Member

they look great, do you have a close up photo of how they're mounted? I'm in the process of finding something to replace the originals as well.

3. DudeBozo

DudeBozo New Member

Actually, the mounting is a temporary thing right now. I plan on using my dad's machine tools next month to make permanent mounts, however they will be the same, but only one part instead of two. As you can see I used two 2" 'L-brackets' inverse to each other and bolted together. I know if I left it this way it would be fine, but I want to make one-piece mounts and chrome them.

I got the 'L'-brackets' at a truck stop, they're actually mirror mounting brackets.

Attached Files: