1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

New to bikes, new '82 650 Maxim owner

Discussion in 'XJ Technical Chat' started by 650MAX, Apr 27, 2019.

1. Chitwood

Chitwood Well-Known Member

I used 2 #11 o rings on my 750 carbs the first time and they were a little snug but still worked just fine. Until a couple weeks later I went to fire it up and the throttle shafts would not return to idle position not matter what I tried. I eventually pulled them back apart and replaced them with ones from Xj4ever but my buddy did get me some #11 quad rings that I will probably try on either the carbs on the parts 650 that may someday turn into a runner or the freebie rack of carbs that I have no history on other than they are Hitachi and by looking at the jets in them most likely from a 650. Others have used o rings for throttle shaft seals with good results.

650MAX likes this.
  2. 650MAX

650MAX Member

I tried stacking the #11 o-rings and they seemed too tight, so I went back together with the original seals. I have some #11 X-rings coming along with a few other miscellaneous carb parts thanks to another generous and helpful xjbikes member :)