1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

Northern Illinois Carb Clinic Anyone?

Discussion in 'Central US and Canada' started by LazyBeerNutz, Jul 30, 2008.

1. LazyBeerNutz

LazyBeerNutz Member

Is there any interest in a clinic this late in the summer? I could really use some help with the XJ getting the carbs just right. I'd have to clear it with my wife, but hosting at our place in Dekalb, IL shouldn't be a problem. I have some specialty tools (12 and 14mm Colortune) as well as access to a YICS tool and a couple sets of manometers. I just don't have the experience needed. As far as I can tell my calendar is free, this weekend and the next. I'll have to check with my wife to see if she has anything planned.

2. 82XJ

82XJ Member

I'm in, if we can make it a week from Sunday (I work Saturdays, and promised to help some relatives move this Sunday). I have a Colortune and a Carbtune manometer as well, but I'd really like to have a clinic with someone who's good at using them (I haven't yet).

If Sundays are no good, I can schedule a Saturday off, but I'd need more lead time. End of August or beginning of September might be possible...

Definitely let's try to work something out...!

3. CharlesCollins

CharlesCollins Member

I'm definitely interested, but the next two weekends are the two weekends that don't work for me. If you guys still do it one of those weeks, have fun, but if you push it off a week, let me know!

4. crewwolfy

crewwolfy Member

I would be in for this.

5. LazyBeerNutz

LazyBeerNutz Member

Ok, how about we set the date at the 17th of August. That sounds like it's pretty good for everyone. The question I still have is....Do we have someone with some decent experience willing to come out as well? It sounds like we've got tools and willing participants but none of us are that great with tuning. Is there anyone out there that could come give us a hand on not mucking our carbs up more than they might already be? :)

I'll PM everyone interested with my address and contact info when we get a little closer to the date.

6. fwright625

fwright625 Member

You know, I'd be interested. But I'm not quite sure how this thing goes? Is there anything I'd need to bring other than my bike?

7. LazyBeerNutz

LazyBeerNutz Member

This would be my first carb clinic as well. It sounds from the rest of the messages, that we have most of the tools needed so basically your bike is all you need.

8. wraith0078

wraith0078 Member

If you can round up someone with experience, I'd be tempted to come over from Des Moines. It's within an acceptable distance.

9. mtmadman

mtmadman New Member

have you set the date in stone yet? I will be in Chicago o the 23 of august till???? i am riding my bike from pocaello idaho to medicine lake montana on the 18th, then leaving there on the 21st spending 1-2 days in wisconsin and then on to chicago. I have some experience with the carbs, and would be interested.

10. Chitty

Chitty Member

I would be interested also!

11. nimitz

nimitz Member

I will be available around that time as well (either the 17th or the 23rd) but I can only do so much on mine because I _still_ haven't replaced the jets. (Lazy/poor me. :-/ )

12. LazyBeerNutz

LazyBeerNutz Member

Ok, it sounds like we've got some people interested. I'm not sure about how much experience we're going to have but I'm willing to open the house and see who shows up. So, how about between today and tomorrow we decide on a date. Either the 17th of August or the 24th (both Sundays). Post your reply with the date that works best for you and that will help decide. Either day is good for me, so I'll leave it up to the rest of you.

13. nimitz

nimitz Member

The 24th would be best for me as I'm already scheduled to work on the 17th as it turns out.

14. CharlesCollins

CharlesCollins Member

The 24th works better for me... the 18th is my anniversary.

15. nimitz

nimitz Member

*chuckle* The 20th is my wife and I's.

Worse yet I found out that a friend of mine might be stopping by the weekend of the 24th. :-/

I won't say nay just yet but I might have to pass on this one unfortunately. :-(

16. maximX85

maximX85 Member

I would be interested on the 24th also. Did anyone with experience ever reply? I hope this happens

17. maximX85

maximX85 Member

I would be interested on the 24th also. Did anyone with experience ever reply? I hope this happens

18. jswag5

jswag5 Member

i might be interested to come out on the 24th, im new to the forum, and am having carb issues. plus where exactly would we be meeting???

19. LazyBeerNutz

LazyBeerNutz Member

It sounds like people are more interested in the 24th so I'm going to call it early. The date is the 24th of August say 10am till whenever we're tired and all the tools are broken. We can meet at my house, I'm not going to post my address here but if you want to come, send me a PM and I'll send you back the address as well as some general directions as to how to get here. For a reference point, I live in Dekalb, IL 60115. Google map is here Map to Dekalb

Also, if you're going to show up really late in the afternoon, let me know so I don't close up shop and have people surprise us.

20. Chitty

Chitty Member

Unfortunately I won't be able to make it on the 24th since that's the day I leave on my fishing trip. Maybe next time then.

Have a great time guys!