1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

Northwest Washington

Discussion in 'Western US and Canada' started by charger8609, Mar 19, 2008.

1. charger8609

charger8609 New Member

Anyone else in northwest Washington? My husband and I are in Oak Harbor and are always looking for people to ride with.

I could also use some advice on fixing my bike....we aren't sure what exactly is wrong with it, its been sitting for several years before we bought it.

2. Gamuru

Gamuru Guest

You're not alone. There are others in Washington who have also been bitten by the XJ bug. If you need a hand with the bike or want to tear up some asphalt, PM me.

Here's where I am in relation to your locale...

Attached Files:

• map.jpg
      map.jpg
      File size:
      24.3 KB
      Views:
  3. dustball

dustball Member

I'm in Oak Harbor with an XJ 550 as well... I saw some other person is in Port Townsend.. Only thing is.. I don't know that much about bikes.. mostly just general stuff.. I usually google the problems and try to fix it myself.. but these guys here are pretty cool and very knowledgeable.. so keep posting ur problems as you go and super techs will help.. I'm lucky I work with a bunch of rednecks in my shop too.

4. juliecut

juliecut Member

My husband and I are both outside of Vancouver BC and up for some longer rides, maybe Chuckanut Drive?

5. huckersteve

huckersteve Member

Seattle area here.. lets ride!

6. jdpesz

jdpesz Member

Hey, I should check this section more often! I am in Stanwood, or Warm Beach more precisely. Gamuru and I have been known to ride and wrench together on occasion. We even did a group ride to Whidbey once.
    We should all get together sometime. I'll be on vacation ("Staycation" most likely) the week after the 4th. So whaddya think?

7. Deadpedal

Deadpedal New Member

I live in the Monroe area and just recently picked up an '82 XJ650 Seca.

I've wrenched plenty on cars/trucks but am new to motorcycles and would enjoy meeting up w/ other XJ owners for a meet 'n greet or wrench session! My schedule is packed through mid-July, at least on the weekends, but have days free after that.

A co-worker of mine has an XJ650 Turbo and would probably be up for a get together too. He's back in the country late next month.

- Chris

8. Dodger62

Dodger62 Member

I live on the Eastside of Lake Washington and have a 81 XJ750RH SECA. I'm an Engineer by trade and have also wrenched on both auto's and bikes throughout the years. These bikes are not that difficult to work on with a little patience. I'd love to see some other XJ's and it would great to get together for a ride or just meet up somewhere. Could me in if something gets organized.

Lyle

9. huckersteve

huckersteve Member

Hey Lyle! I live in West Seattle but I'm from Renton and Kent. I'm riding an 80' Maxim. We ought to get together for a ride here sooner rather than later. I've been tinkering with my bike a fair bit lately and have plenty of projects left to work on. I'd be happy to come through and help you with some of yours as well!

Other NW riders- Let's get organized!

10. Dodger62

Dodger62 Member

Sounds good to me Steve. As a matter of fact I took an extended holiday and have today off and was going to go for a ride a little later.

We should get organized

11. huckersteve

huckersteve Member

Sorry Lyle I worked the past two days! Hope you've been getting your rides in! I'm off tomorrow and Thursday though...

12. Dodger62

Dodger62 Member

I work 1/2 days on Fridays and have the week endd free if that helps. Don't work your self to death in the mean time.

All you other XJ riders in the Puget Sound area. Lets get together a meet up for either a ride or a BS session. Our bikes are getting rare and so are the riders that appreciate them.

malibooman likes this.
  13. usdart

usdart Member

Anyone from the Tri Cities area?

Richland, Kennewick, Pasco...

14. Andy04180

Andy04180 Member

Just moved to Oak harbor in december, Picked up my XJ in Febuary from over in PT Townsand.

15. Gamuru

Gamuru Guest

I had forgotten about this thread. How many of us webbed-foot riders still need to get our XJs operational? We should set up a ride or a get together or something.

16. Andy04180

Andy04180 Member

Mine's running, Just doing little things here and there as I go, Waiting on the rest of my move money for Tires/Full service. Then will be 100% again. Although I am not. Busted Tailbone. /sigh, Good news is, weather has been too cold and wet to ride anyway Lol.

17. wamaxim

wamaxim Active Member

usdart, I live in the Portland area, actually Vancouver, WA. I do get over to the Tri-Cities on occaision as my sister lives in Kennewick. I could contact you before I go over next time or we might meet part way and find a place to ride to.

I would suggest you start a SE washington thread to pick up WallaWalla and all the little surrounding towns as well as that northern section of Oregon, Pendleton, Milton Freewater, Hermiston, Umatilla, etc. I would bet there are some XJ'ers in your part of the country.

Wamaxim

18. Andy04180

Andy04180 Member

Sadly, bike is not running again.. Will start for all of about 20 secs ( long enough to see Tach rise ) and that's about it. lol..

19. Gamuru

Gamuru Guest

^^^ Do you have a clear inline fuel filter on your bike? If so, can you see fuel running through it after the bikes starts? I'm wondering if your fuel valve has malfunctioned.

20. Andy04180

Andy04180 Member

Think it's the enrichment circuit. I got it running with a shot of starter fluid. Still more work to do, did take it down the block ( painfully ) but made it about a mile before pain ate me up lol.