1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

Ohio

Discussion in 'Eastern US and Canada' started by RyanfromOhio, Jan 7, 2006.

1. RyanfromOhio

RyanfromOhio Member

Representing NW Ohio Toledo area.

I know theres a few others from XJ Owners that were close by...

2. jdrich48

jdrich48 Member

Hey Ryan,
    I used to live in Toledo for awhile back in the late 70's. Married my first wife there.
    I now live in the Raleigh, North Carolina area.

3. singingotter

singingotter Member

Mike is still down the street from you in NW Ohio. Spent a lot of time this year business travelling, but I'm back!

4. Hotwires

Hotwires New Member

Gents,

Howdy from Cardington Ohio (middle of BFE). Ever take a ride to Port Clinton and a Miller Ferry to Put-In-Bay?

How does an XJ Put-In-Bay relay sound? I'd like to suggest a trip up there to meet up with others who have the same interest. Perhaps a weekend in June; July; or any other summer month.

http://www.putinbay.com/

Let me know if there is any interest. Might be nice to take a day and ride around the island. Have a drink or 3 or even spend the nite.

I've only been there twice and had lots of fun each time. Beside, someone needs to overtake those damn golf carts that are all over the roads...

5. navyjuice

navyjuice Member

Hello, I live in Adrin, MI. Been looking for other xj riders to talk and ride with to who knows.

6. RyanfromOhio

RyanfromOhio Member

PIB is on the small side really.

Kelley's Island might be a better choice. Still has bars, golf carts and people but not as wild or busy.

7. JRinehart

JRinehart New Member

Hi,

I own a maxim x. Im currently in the process of fixing the carbs. I got tired of taking it to the local shop here and being charged 400.00 a pop to everytime they get clogged.

I was just surfing the net looking for info on the Maxims and found this site. Do you guys have many problems with your carbs? Do you work on it yourself or who do you use for repairs? Any tips you can give for a first time carb rework would be appreciated.

Not sure if I can get away for a day trip with ya all. I used to to go to the bike night at QUAKER STEAK AND LUBE in independence. Anyone know where Im talking about? I will find out if its still happening and maybe a few of us can meet there one night. (if my bike runs ever again).

8. Robert

Robert Active Member

Hello to you JRinehart, I'm glad you found us. I'm certain more than a few of us will tell you to clean the carbs so I'll do you the service of not telling you that. I'm not an X guy so I really couldn't provide any meaningful information anyway. There are a few X'ers here and they will more than likely show you the ins and outs of your carb types. Hope you strike gold here. I might also suggest you hit the search engine here and dig through the archives, this topic comes up an awful lot, so there is a lot to look at. Best of luck to you.

9. awolford

awolford New Member

Hey all, I am form central Ohio, Columbus actually. Just found this site.

10. kbarmansr

kbarmansr Member

Hello all, Northcentral Ohio here, Norwalk actually, just south of Cedar point. Great to see others close, maybe we can ride together sometime, let chat and see what we can come up with....

11. awolford

awolford New Member

For those of you in the area, here is a group that anyone can ride with. They still have four or five rides left for the year. One is a trip to the Dragons Tail! :D

Leave a Mark

12. kbarmansr

kbarmansr Member

Hello again all, hey is anyone heading up to the Cleveland area this weekend for the Teddy Bear ride. It starts at the IX center on Sunday Morning, then heads out frm there to the Cleveland Clinic downtown. It looks like it should be a good ride, anyone going let me know, maybe we can meet up and head that way grouped up.

13. JRinehart

JRinehart New Member

If I get my carb problems fixed I want to do some rides. So when Im ready to hit some of these I will let ya know. I got some friends that ride, but they don't work on bikes they got money to have someone else do it. So Im stuck with the wrench in my hand hoping the nice weather holds till I can get out a bit.

14. kbarmansr

kbarmansr Member

Hey sorry to hear about the carb trouvles, if you need a hand or something let me know I ma pretty handy when it comes to wrenching, have been turning one on various vehicles since I was about 9. So let me know, maybe I can swing your way and we can get those darn things figured out....

15. JRinehart

JRinehart New Member

Im just outside Akron. Im gonna go get tags for it today. My major fear is that I blow up while riding it. If gas leaks like crazy while Im riding then that would be a big hazard not worth running it.

But Im gonna try the cleaner in the gas solution first to see if I can get it stabilized then maybe next weekend I can run up to your place and we can finish them up there.

Or better yet, figure out a date and turn it into an unofficial carb clinic?

Ill keep ya posted on how they are doing in the next few days.

16. kbarmansr

kbarmansr Member

Hey that sound great, let me know how things work out, we can get those carbs done up right for ya, just keep me informed....

17. kbarmansr

kbarmansr Member

Hello all A quick Question for everyone around this area. I am thinking of hosting a carb clinic here in Northern Ohio and was wondering how many people would be interested. I live in Norwalk, Ohio, which is right between Toledo and Cleveland, just south of Sandusky, where Cedar Point is at. I am just trying to get an idea of the interest level for an event like this, so let me know if you would be interested and we'll see what we can get going....before the snow flies....

18. JRinehart

JRinehart New Member

"\raises hand" Im in.

19. kbarmansr

kbarmansr Member

Hello all, Hey anyone want to get at least one last good grop ride in before the weather get to much colder, I mean it still isn't to bad, but we all know how that goes around this area. SO hey if anyone is interested in a group ride one of these weekends lets get something together.....

20. ervil-dingus

ervil-dingus New Member

whats happenin all se ohio here just got my maxim 650 still working out the kinks starting issues are first prob but tring to iron that out first then see what s wrong next hopefully thats the major prob then i will be doing alright