1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

Pa XJ owners

Discussion in 'Eastern US and Canada' started by GEHIV, Aug 11, 2008.

1. GEHIV

GEHIV Member

Just giving a shout out to any XJ owners near Willow Grove Pa who want to get together and go for a ride soon. I'm dusting off my 1981 seca 750 and getting it back on the road. The bike has been sitting for seven years and over the past week I have replaced the battery, cleaned the carbs, fuel tank and replaced the fuel line. I'm working on cleaning up the master cylinder, front brake calibers and anti dive units but I hope to be up and going in a few days. This site has been really helpfull answering allot of my questions.

2. phillyturbo

phillyturbo Member

hey im in the NE near the NE airport im up for a ride let me know

3. GEHIV

GEHIV Member

Cool another Seca in the area and a Turbo to boot. I did get my bike running Sunday Pm and I have been ridding it to work the last few days. The bike is running pretty good off idle and midrange but up top it feels a little week plus the plugs look to clean to me. Do you have a color tune? Any chance you can get together this weekend for a ride? I think we are only 15 minutes away from each other.

4. phillyturbo

phillyturbo Member

i prob could get out on sunday ( i work till 6 on sat) no colortune but a good ear, if the weathers good im up for it

5. Desinger_Mike

Desinger_Mike Member

I'm trying to define a date for a little fall ride.
    We plan on starting around Allentown, head west a bit, then through the woods into the poconos and back (gathering and losing people along the way)...I'd guess about 3-4 hrs depending on how many stops we make and how often we get hungry (and thirsty)

Don't have any Secas in the area, but the more the merrier.
    That goes for those Hamburg guys too.

I'll try to post a date once SWMBO approves it.

6. GEHIV

GEHIV Member

Sounds good, the sooner I know the date the better. I have a friend up in Coaldale off Rt 209 near Beltzville Dam who has a 750cc virago and he may be up for a ride too. Do you have a color tune?

7. phillyturbo

phillyturbo Member

no color tune

8. GEHIV

GEHIV Member

Phillyturbo - Weather looking good for Sunday. What time works for you? I need to give the old lady some notice, Im in the dog house over here after spending the last two weeks getting the bike going.

9. phillyturbo

phillyturbo Member

any time is good for me .myne tries to get me out of the house anyway she can.lol how bout a run to newhope or somewhere like that leave here around 10-11 ill see if my crochrocket buddy wants to go

10. GEHIV

GEHIV Member

Phillytubo - I'll get back to you on the time. I have a friend in Newtown riding a Motoguzzi Sport 1100 who may want to go too.

11. phillyturbo

phillyturbo Member

12. davey28

davey28 New Member

Hey GEHIV:

I have a colortune plug at the moment. Also have a carb tune. They're on loan from another XJer that belongs to this forum. I borrowed it for the 4th annual Lehigh Valley Carb Clinic but we never used it. Designer Mike had better ideas for the day. Total front end restore on my XJ700. I'm in the Allentown area if you're interested. Ping me off list at davey28 at gmail dot com

13. GEHIV

GEHIV Member

Phillyturbo,

I talked to my buddy with the Motoguzzi Sport 1100 in Newtown and he is up for a ride on Sunday plus he is ok with everyone meeting at his house at 10 Am. Weather is still looking perfect for Sunday and my Seca is running stong so I think we have allot of fun. I asked a few more guys from work to go and got a few takers so we may have a small group going. You're more then welcome to do the same if you want to invite others. I look at it this way the more the merrier. We plan on crusing some of the roads above Newtown, making our way over to Vanzant airport and eventally over to Newhope. I plan on being home around 2PM so I'm thinking I'll be out 4-5 hours. Why dont you give me your email address and I'll give you Petes address and my cell phone number. I know where he lives so we could meet beforehand and ride over together if you want.

14. GEHIV

GEHIV Member

Davey 28,

I appreciate the info. What is the carb tune? Is it a tool for syncing the carbs? Anyway, I do want to use the colortune because I think it's running lean. My bike has the stock airbox with aftermarket exhaust and the carbs were never rejettted. Previous owner said after install of the pipe the midrange flattend out so to fatten it up he put washers under the slide needles which helped. The bike idles well and the midrange is strong but between say 6500 rpm and 9500 rpm it losses umph. I think the best thing for me to do is to buy the bigger mains, keep monitoring the plugs and when they start to look good use the colortune. Any chance of you me and Designer Mike getting together for some fine tunning before winter? The bike runs good enough to make it up north to allentown with out trailer support. Take a look at my picture gallery and do me one favor, if you do ever see that bike on a trailer call 911 quick because somebody stole it.

15. phillyturbo

phillyturbo Member

got the info sounds like a good time

16. GEHIV

GEHIV Member

Phillyturbo,

Change in meeting spot, it'll be at my house in Willow Grove. Check your email again.

17. hecky817

hecky817 New Member

Hey whats up... hope you didnt plan that ride yet...i havent checked the forums for a while so i missed that post. We would be up for a ride more than likely.

Hamburg Guys

18. GEHIV

GEHIV Member

Hecky817,

I went and it was a great day, lots of sun, good tempature, about 10 bikes went. Phillyturbo didnt make it, but maybe next time... I see you guys are a bit NW of me but we should get together and go for a ride. I have been checking out a cool motorcyle road website for the US and there are some good ones in PA. The webite address is: http://www.motorcycleroads.us/states/pa.html
    You can do a search on each state and they even have it split up by county. I've been looking for an excuse to ride a few of them so let me know if you guys are up for it. My bike is still running good, I put about 500 miles on it last month.

GEHIV :twisted:

19. hecky817

hecky817 New Member

Glad to hear the ride went well...im not sure if I would have much time to ride in the next couple of weeks, with work and other things i have planned, but if i come across some free time i definetly want to get some more riding in before it gets to cold out. Well anyway if things work out ill post something. till then stay safe

20. WesleyJN1975

WesleyJN1975 Member

Anything like this for the roads of the garden state?