1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

PANJDE Etc

Discussion in 'Eastern US and Canada' started by geebake, May 1, 2007.

1. fonz

fonz Member

I realize this is an older post but I just stumbled upon it. I live right by the Philly airport and Im up for some rides this season. bikes running pretty good but ive been thinking about a sync and tune.

2. Timetonut

Timetonut Member

I know my bike needs tons of tuning, but I am riding every day that it starts. Sadly it's about 12 blocks between work and home, and the last time I went over to Cherry Hill my gas milage jumped almost by 10mpg. I am married so my time is not my own, but it would be great to join you if the stars allign and I am free to do so.

3. phillyturbo

phillyturbo Member

ill be ready once it gets a little warmer my bike is packed away for the winter

4. beanflicker_98

beanflicker_98 Member

west chester pa checking in.There is a cycle salvage shop near the airport called a and j cycle salvage if anyone is looking for parts.

5. fonz

fonz Member

I worked at A&J for a few days one summer when i was in high school. wasnt really into bikes back then and didnt know anything about them so i wasnt a real big help to the shop. i did a fine job weedwhackin the junkyard though.

6. geebake

geebake Member

Hey guys. I haven't been around for a while but am glad to see that there is some XJ interest in the area. Fonz. I actually work AT the airport. My house is only about 15 minutes from there in NJ. I have all the stuff necessary to do a good tune up. Carb sticks, colortune, even a nice donated YICs tool. Oh and 5 XJs in various states of repair.

If you guys want to get together, drop me a line. It's always fun making XJ friends and ripping into these beasts.

Greg

7. southpaw

southpaw Member

I'm two hours north of New York City I would love to ride to Jersey or Pa for a meet I'm self employed can ride pretty muck when ever I want to

8. fonz

fonz Member

i could definitely use some help with a tune up and am always up for a ride once it gets warm. with all this talk about it lately, do i really need to check my valves and shims and all that? ive had the bike for less than a year but its coming up on 19000 but I really dont feel like tearin into the motor. i will tackle the bench sync though.

9. MiCarl

MiCarl Active Member

Skip the bench sync.

Check your shims. Easier than the bench sync anyhow.

10. cheese302

cheese302 Member

i know i havent been around much recently either, but would be more than willing to stop in for a meet as well. Greg and i got my bike running really well a little over a year ago, and it has been great since.

11. phillyturbo

phillyturbo Member

:idea: Hey everyone if its nice i am going out on sunday the 30th ror a ride if anyone is intrested :D :D
    Hey Greg i didnt forget about you just life went nuts lately should have time to finish up the seats soon patterns are all made up just need to cut and stich them up :lol: