1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

parting out maxim 400 & xj750

Discussion in 'For Sale, Trade/Swap, Wanted' started by xyxj650, Apr 24, 2010.

1. xyxj650

xyxj650 Member

I recently aquired a maxim 400. I was thinking of fixing it up and selling it but turns out it may be more work than I originally thought. I will entertain the thought of parting it out if there is enough interest in it. The bike is missing parts and currently does not run. I do have title for it. If you are interested let me know.
    If nothing else I do decide to keep it and turn it into a chopper. I will post some pics in a bit.

2. maxim400

maxim400 Member

Re: maxim 400 parts

I jus bought an 83 Maxim 400(80 % there) 40,495 km for $300cdn partially in pieces it sat outside PO house under a tarp for 3 years I cleaned the carbs and it fired right up.So far I have about $300 parts into it.If you do decide to sell parts I need a toolbox lock assy with key.

3. xyxj650

xyxj650 Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. xyxj650

xyxj650 Member

That is one of the things my bike is missing also.
    No matter what I do I am going to get rid of a few of the parts from the bike. Here is a short list of the things I WILL sell.

Tanks,gauges,seat,airbox with boots.
    Tank looks ok will need flush and I would suggest putting a lining in it. The bottom of the tank does have some rust but it is not leaking.
    Guages look good all lights work.
    As you can see in pics the seat will need to be recovered. The airbox should be fine.
    If you are interested in any of these parts shoot me an offer. Please don't lowball me on them as I have a good idea of what they are worth.
    Shipping for them will be the actual cost of shipping plus a couple dollars to ensure they get to you safely. If the shipping I quote you is more than the actual cost I will send refund for the diffrence.

5. maxim400

maxim400 Member

I have been able to find a few lock assy at wreckers or on Ebay but without a key and to get replacement key from a locksmith is about $20.
    New assy are available from Yamaha for $46 and a 2 week backorder from Japan.

6. xyxj650

xyxj650 Member

Re: a few maxim 400 parts for sale

As I stated before in this post. I do have some parts I am going to sell off this bike. I will be selling the tank, gauges and seat off the bike. I have them listed on ebay but if you buy them through this site I will knock off a few dollars. If you are interested send me a pm and I will get back to you.

7. Xplicit_XJ

Xplicit_XJ Member

Any Idea if the seat from that would fit a 82 XJ750 Maxim? If so I may be interested. Too bad you don't have that headlight listed :D I would be one of the first to scramble for it.

8. xyxj650

xyxj650 Member

No the seat would not fit the 750. I could talk to a friend of mine and see if he has a headlight he could spare. I will let you know.

9. xyxj650

xyxj650 Member

I will be parting out the complete bike. I found a new project that I have been looking to get into for the last year. I found an xs650 and have to jump on the opportunity. Let me know what parts you need and I will get back to you. I DO have a title for the frame and just had the carbs ultrasonically cleaned.
    I also will be picking up a junked xj750 that will have some good parts on it. I couldn't tell you what at this time but I will post what I will have later.