1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

Philly Burbs Carb or Ride

Discussion in 'Eastern US and Canada' started by Tito, Jan 18, 2007.

1. rnice

rnice Member

hey hey, I'd definitely be up for a carb clinic,
    i can't offer much in the way of tools, but will bring the Lion's Head pilsner

2. WesleyJN1975

WesleyJN1975 Member

I'm in Cherry Hill (15 minutes from Philly). Once I have my bike back together (replacing 2nd gear) I would be interested in coming to one of these. PM me.

3. fonz

fonz Member

I'd be up for something as well once I get the bike back together and running properly.

4. Tito

Tito Member

do we have someone around this area that has enough space and more knowlege then i . i have done carbs on xs650, xj700x, xj550, and xj650. I may have cleaned them but it doesn't mean i've done it right. heheh. i've got home made carb tuner seemed to work well on my xs659 but that only has 2 carbs. Also for those with YICS system i have no YICS stick. that seems to block off the YICS system for proper carb tunning.

5. Tito

Tito Member

Oh ya, i live about 1 our west of philly so jersy guy that would be a bit of a haul, but on a nice day....

6. beanflicker_98

beanflicker_98 Member

well,well,well may need to ride bump

7. Tito

Tito Member

most likely gonna be working on some bikes tomorrow. anyone wanna stop in and do a carb sinc and color tune. I've made a YICS tool too. Bring a beer for me.

8. WesleyJN1975

WesleyJN1975 Member

Can't go yet tito. Just got my gaskets and am starting my 2nd gear replacement next weekend, hopefully.

9. Tito

Tito Member

already did carb sync and color tune on xj550 and xj650. Piece of cake!

10. fonz

fonz Member

Anybody want to try and do something Saturday the 23rd? I know its Memorial Day weekend but I dont have any plans yet and thought I'd throw it out there. I'm having some issues and the gurus here think a proper sync might help but I don't have the tools. I could truck the bike to meet up somewhere.
    fonz

11. fonz

fonz Member

just thought i should add that this is dependent on whether or not i can get the bike to run and idle enough to do a sync. ive got an ok sized garage and a decent industrial fan that would probably do the trick to keep the bike from overheating also. no XJ specific tools however.

12. Tito

Tito Member

hey fonz sorry i missed your request. is it too late?

13. fonz

fonz Member

hey tito,

not necessarily too late but the garage is jammed up cause my brother brought home a shovelhead and I picked up a new Triumph. hes been working on both the shovelhead and his sportster so the place is a mess. and since i picked up the Triumph I'm now trying to sell the Seca so havent been working on it much. I have to put the carbs back in and charge the battery and I'm hoping it will run. This weekend and the next are booked for me but maybe if I still have it we could work something out. Or maybe just get a little ride together with some others. That is, if the XJ's dont mind a Scrambler tagging along.
    take it easy