1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

Philly Riders

Discussion in 'Eastern US and Canada' started by pabstblueribbon, Aug 28, 2009.

1. BigT

BigT Active Member

You could come up Route 1 and cross the Conowingo Dam, no toll. Turn right immedietly after Dam and ride down through Port DePosit. Brings you out just past the I-95 toll in Perryville. Cross over I-95 past the Pilot truck stop and you will hit route 40.

2. OldSchoolOtter

OldSchoolOtter Member

Seriously? Ugh!

3. Xman49

Xman49 New Member

Actually, if you go that way, just after you make that right hand turn past the Conowingo Dam there is a gathering of bikers at a tavern called the Union Hotel Restaurant & Tavern. Every Sunday during the summer there is a band playing from 1 pm to 5 pm. You can get food and beverages and check out all the bikes. They usually have quite a collection. I've met a few other XJ'ers down there. Here's a link. Union Hotel Restaurant and Tavern Check out the Tavern Pics on the website and you'll see what I mean about a gathering.

4. OldSchoolOtter

OldSchoolOtter Member

Hey, that's awesome. Thanks Xman.
    You down for a trip that Sunday 5/22?

5. iwingameover

iwingameover Active Member

yeah maybe move the meet from Glasgow, DE home depot to the union hotel.

6. Xman49

Xman49 New Member

Actually, I think I may be able to make it down there on Sunday the 22nd. I'll have to check with the wife make sure she doesn't have any plans for us LOL. She rides a 1997 Virago and may want to tag along.

7. OldSchoolOtter

OldSchoolOtter Member

8. pabstblueribbon

pabstblueribbon Member

hey guys........well after an awesome ride to virginia beach (340 miles) and a horrible trip through six hours of rain back today(280 miles, not the scenic route) i dumped my bike ten miles from home on a wet road on a patch of gravel and wet leaves....fortunately I didn't high side it, and some friendly motorists came along and helped me up. Not sure how but both my legs ended up underneath it and my right leg was pinned trapping me. They lifted the bike and slid me out. I had a helmet and other protective gear so other than some "deep muscle contusions" I walked away from it.....the XJ has a puncture in a cover on the left side of the motor (no oil came from it, don't know what its covering) from a twisted highway peg that went through it so looks like my riding days are over until I get it repaired/if I can afford to get it repaired.....felt like sharing...ride safe!!!and remember to wear your helmets....if not for that helmet I'd still be in the hospital right now.

9. OldSchoolOtter

OldSchoolOtter Member

Oh hell man, sorry to hear that. I'm glad you were wearing your gear and were able to walk away from it. Nice of those folks to help. When I dumped mine last year, I rolled off and dislocated my thumb. A few people stopped their cars and helped me get the bike up and out of the road. It's nice to see there's still good people out there.

Keep us posted on how things go.

10. pabstblueribbon

pabstblueribbon Member

Will do! Stiff and sore all over....just submitted my insurance claim. Keep your fingers crossed maybe ill be up and running sooner than I think (wishful thinking)

11. pabstblueribbon

pabstblueribbon Member

coverage denied.... :-(
    I'll see if it can be repaired for less than I have in the bank......

12. OldSchoolOtter

OldSchoolOtter Member

That stinks. What'd they deny you for?

13. pabstblueribbon

pabstblueribbon Member

they didn't offer me collision coverage cause the bike isn't at some minimum value. so since it was only me involved in the accident no coverage. I knew this, but forgot...
    Had someone hit me I'd have coverage (but probably be in the hospital)...I'll have it looked at and with a little luck maybe it will be ok

14. nealsxj

nealsxj Member

damn that sux, insurance was sooo cheap on the XJ too. Well pabs... let me know if you want to take a look at my xj.

15. pabstblueribbon

pabstblueribbon Member

just to clarify the insurance...progressive doesn't offer collision coverage due to the value of the bike, it wasn't that I turned down the coverage. I only had coverage if I caused damage to someone else, or was damaged by someone else. Since it was just me, myself and I.......but thanks for rubbing it in that I didn't have it neals ;-)

16. iwingameover

I was wondering if you had full coverage on a 30 year old bike..... some people might. When you figure out what it needs let me know. I've got some parts though I haven't been through the boxes in awhile so I don't know what all is in there.

17. iwingameover

Are we riding Sunday? Weather looks good down here after this week of rain.

18. pabstblueribbon

pabstblueribbon Member

I'll let you know. I should hear back from my shop today. I let the experts give it a once over. Might just need a new left side crankcase cover, hoping the piece of the cover that got knocked inwards didn't damage any internal components.

19. OldSchoolOtter

OldSchoolOtter Member

I'm in for Sunday.

pabst, let me know if there's anything I can do to help.

20. iwingameover

What's the plan?

Might be better to go out earlier in the morning before the thrunderstorms creep in.