1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

Raleigh area Meet-Eat-Ride

Discussion in 'Eastern US and Canada' started by mlew, Mar 4, 2011.

1. macros10

macros10 Member

Hey! Sorry to hear that, but glad you and yours are ok. We missed you but will definitely try to do it again, was a good time. Can't wait to see your bike and get to meet you! :) Hopefully mlew will put some pictures of our meet up for you to see the bikes.

Mac

2. mlew

mlew Well-Known Member

Had a great time Sunday
    We met a Food Lion in Dunn NC. We arrived a bit early and had time to kill. The storms that passed through NC on Saturday left lots of dammage in the area. When we arrived in the parking lot I noticed debris all over and part of the building missing. We were there only a few minutes and a fleet of State and local Police arrived. Just our luck the Govenor was about to land to tour the area.
    After all the excitment Greg arrived and we decided to ride up I95 for some good NC BBQ. We ended up in Benson to eat at the White Swann BBQ house, good food and good company, can't wait to do it again.

Attached Files:

• gov.jpg
      gov.jpg
      File size:
      37.4 KB
      Views:
  3. macros10

macros10 Member

That's what it's all about! So much fun (except I-95, that sucked, lol) Can't wait to do it again! Anyone else in the area, please holler so we can get to meet you and see your bikes! Maybe we can even put together some kind of vintage bike ride/benefit together for a good ride/cause.

Peace,

Mac

4. JameyP

JameyP Member

OK so now I'm really disappointed that I wasn't able to attend. It looks like you all had a great time. I hope you all decide to get together again real soon.

5. macros10

macros10 Member

Well, I'm off all next week JamieP, let me know what your schedule looks like and maybe we can hook up and eat a hamburger and check each other's bikes out!

6. JameyP

JameyP Member

Actually I've been sitting here re-reading the instructions for checking valve clearances.....yeah, I know it NEEDS to be done, and soon. I am thinking about getting started since I am still having some weird idle issues. Of course I have the waterhead that has 5 valves/cyl. Fun. I'll let you know if I decide to tackle it. If not I may risk another ride or 2 or ????

7. macros10

macros10 Member

How many miles are on the clock?

8. JameyP

JameyP Member

28K+.....I just posted some questions about my valve checking experience. I finally did it but it wasn't all that much fun. Somehow I had envisioned days of riding with the wind in my face and the sun on my back, not days and nights of maintenance, over and over and over again. Like I said before, I am still fighting an idle problem that seems to come and go and I've had the carbs off 4 times now. I am going to try this once more and go through the steps to bench sync and sync the carbs. I've never owned anything that needs more attention than this bike!!!!

9. macros10

macros10 Member

Let me know if you want a second set of hands/eyes to look at it while I'm off this week and I'll jet over there and help you mess with it. I had mine off 4 times exactly, lol, so hope that's some consolation! It still isn't fine-tuned like I know it could be, but I also haven't checked my valves yet either, but the parts are inbound.

Mac

10. jvitzu

jvitzu Member

If you guys ever feel like heading for some mountains/twisties, let me know.

11. JameyP

JameyP Member

Thanks Mac but I have to go back to work tomorrow. Anyway, today I measured the valves again and decided that even though they are .001 on the tight side, I am going to wait until the fall to change buckets. So I put the valve cover back on and took the carbs back off. As I was following the directions "Old School Method" I figured out how to get the needle seat out and behold!!!!!there was all this gunk clogging the screens. I knew there had to be some dirt somewhere! So now I have everything torn down except the mixture screws (the plugs are still in place and have to be drilled out). We had to leave to go to the scout meeting and I just got home. I'll jump back on it tomorrow after school. Maybe this weekend I'll be up and running and we can get together.

Jamey

12. macros10

macros10 Member

Cool! Glad to hear you had a break through!

13. macros10

macros10 Member

I'm supposed to be having my brother-in-law coming down Saturday morning to ride some. If anyone wants to get out and meet up, let me know and we'll see if we can swing something, hopefully the weather holds up!

14. macros10

macros10 Member

Saw some pics Mlew! So how was the vacation?

15. macros10

macros10 Member

What a great weekend! My brother-in-law came down on a rented Honda Goldwing, what a sweet bike! Him, my friend Eric (Honda VTX 1800) all rode around the country-side and had a ball! Here are some pics....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]